class scheduling when in pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sm521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey.. im just asking this out of curiosity..

when you're in pharmacy school, do you get to choose your own schedule for class? i have seen some schools that provide in their website the course of study for the semesters in pharm school, but just curious if you get to choose your own days and times of attending class? i have a friend who is in grad school, but in her program of study, the days and times of class are set in stone for her. just wanted to know if it's like that in pharmacy school or maybe for some..

thanks ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

when you're in pharmacy school, do you get to choose your own schedule for class? i have seen some schools that provide in their website the course of study for the semesters in pharm school, but just curious if you get to choose your own days and times of attending class? i have a friend who is in grad school, but in her program of study, the days and times of class are set in stone for her. just wanted to know if it's like that in pharmacy school or maybe for some..

Schools have a set curriculum and schedule. However, after the first year or semester, you will have the opportunity to choose your own electives along with your mandatory classes.

Yes, it's set for you, with the exception of the small amount of electives

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense (for the school) to offer multiple lectures of the same core courses when the entire class could fit in a lecture hall, not to mention that it complicates the scheduling process.