classes senior year of college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biowiz15

berkeleyboy07
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: how much emphasis do med schools put on how many, or which classes you take senior year if you are applying right now and going into your senior year. I mean, is it going to be a deciding factor if you're taking 13 vs. 17 units on a semester system? Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think they put much emphasis if any on your senior coursework unless you are extremely borderline for them and they want to have more input about u to decide about admitting u...
or at least thats what im hoping! :p

if you have some prereqs left over, they'll want to make sure those are listed in the application. besides that, i don't think it will matter because the first look at your application is without senior grades. take whatever courses you need to finish your major and whatever you want to take for fun. i don't think it matters whether you take 13 or 17.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've been doing 17 units in previous semesters, you might consider finding an additional EC to fill your time if you're only taking 13. I don't think it will hurt to take 13, but it also won't hurt to show additional commitment to research or community. If you are worried about it, more EC's in your senior year will give you a good answer for any questions the ADCOM might have.

I spent a lot of time working as a PS2 black-ops secret agent overseas and racing exotic cars - usually the Murcielago or the McLaren F1 LM (NFS edition). Definitely was a great way to spend my time.

What if you don't get in to medical school? Think about that. Always strengthen your application if this is truly your passion. But say you will get in, I don't think it would matter.

Question: how much emphasis do med schools put on how many, or which classes you take senior year if you are applying right now and going into your senior year. I mean, is it going to be a deciding factor if you're taking 13 vs. 17 units on a semester system? Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

probably no emphasis at all. stay full time though. Keep in mind they probably will not see the grades from those classes.