Classifying Freshmen Sophmore etc. on transcript entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yhorm the Giant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have over 200 UG credits. Will I just end up saying senior semester for the last like 110 credits or can I put the first several semesters in the freshmen category on the transcript entry in aacomas? I've tried every tag I could to search for this, sorry if it is a frequent question. I would love to clump everything in the beginning as a freshmen because then it would show I have a Sophmore Junior and Senior year GPA all above a 3.8 and a 4.0 my last 30 credits, instead of a terrible first 3 years (which is was) and then one good super duper senior year of over 100 credits.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have over 200 UG credits. Will I just end up saying senior semester for the last like 110 credits or can I put the first several semesters in the freshmen category on the transcript entry in aacomas? I've tried every tag I could to search for this, sorry if it is a frequent question. I would love to clump everything in the beginning as a freshmen because then it would show I have a Sophmore Junior and Senior year GPA all above a 3.8 and a 4.0 my last 30 credits, instead of a terrible first 3 years (which is was) and then one good super duper senior year of over 100 credits.

If you didn't take the coursework in your freshman/sophomore/junior year, then you cannot input the information as such. The best thing to do in this case would be to list it as senior year coursework if there is no other option to list the coursework as taken after the degree was earned.

I'm assuming this is the case, that your courses were all taken after senior year as a postbacc of sorts, and that the semesters were not mixed in with your other years.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

In general, years are broken down into quarters of the units needed to graduate so for the typical 120 unit degree:

Freshman = 0-29
Sophomore = 30-59
Junior = 60-89
Senior 90+

To answer your question: yes, your last 110+ units should be classified under senior year.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you didn't take the coursework in your freshman/sophomore/junior year, then you cannot input the information as such. The best thing to do in this case would be to list it as senior year coursework if there is no other option to list the coursework as taken after the degree was earned.

I'm assuming this is the case, that your courses were all taken after senior year as a postbacc of sorts, and that the semesters were not mixed in with your other years.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey thanks for the response! I totally see what you were saying, the thing is I bounced around a few other majors and never finished them, so I just barely finished a little over two hundred credits and got my bachelor's degree last week, so nothing was a postbac unfortunately, no I wish that I had in retrospect just graduated and then got my prereqs. So all 200 of my credits were before I got a bachelor's degree

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

In general, years are broken down into quarters of the units needed to graduate so for the typical 120 unit degree:

Freshman = 0-29
Sophomore = 30-59
Junior = 60-89
Senior 90+

To answer your question: yes, your last 110+ units should be classified under senior year.
Okay great, thanks that's good to know, I guess I will just have like 90 or so credits in my senior year haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user