ClearChoice Implant Center-working as an OMFS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odontoblaster90210

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone worked at ClearChoice as an oral surgeon? Do they take new grads? Anyone have anything to say about working there?

Members don't see this ad.

Secondhand testimony, so maybe not all that useful but I know someone who did for a few years out of residency. From what I heard the pay is pretty decent and you get comfortable with big implant cases, but there is little variety or autonomy as pretty much all they did was edentulate and place implants.

Reactions: 1 user
System forces you to sedate Asa 3 and 4 patients which is not prudent. Total Production is decent but percent of production is relatively low.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not familiar with ClearChoice offices in other parts of the country, just in my area. As you would expect, most cases are edentulate and place implants, and misc. single tooth implants here and there +/- GBR. The occasional biopsy, but that's not really part of the workload. The training is pretty decent for a new-hire or new grad. They have training videos for basic knowledge and then have them work with the experienced surgeons to learn the workflow and get some basic speed. The surgery itself (AO4) is fairly technical outside of the slam dunk cases, so it can be challenging to say the least. As far as sedating ASA 3 and 4 patients, that's on the surgeon. If the surgeon feels that they cannot safely sedate the patient they can/should request an anesthesiologist to do the surgery, which happens all the time. Pay is good considering you don't have to drum up referrals, manage staff, or run a business. This is why overall production is good, but percent production is low - its a fair trade off when considering this. Just my $0.02. 🍺

I spoke to the local reps at a recent conference. It seems like they search mostly for new grads. Also most of their surgeons are part timers, so I’m assuming it’s just a gig to supplement your income while you build up your practice elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
How much are they paying for new grads?

I think this depends on the area, experience level, and how busy that particular location is. I would guess anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000 per day depending on how many arches you pump out and how much they like you (how much they fill your schedule).