OMFS - Anyone worked for ClearChoice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bangity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience or feedback on ClearChoice? I signed a contract with a private practice group with track to partnership in 2 years, very flexible in terms of scope, whatever you want to do. Recently heard about ClearChoice from a friend, they advertise working 4 mornings a week with twice as much pay compared to private practice (4.5 days).

Please shed some lights on this if you can. If it's such an amazing deal, why aren't people taking on such jobs?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Please shed some lights on this if you can. If it's such an amazing deal, why aren't people taking on such jobs?
Lack of autonomy, ****ty medical histories, and overworking. That’s typically what I hear as the negatives. But I agree, it’s a tempting offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience or feedback on ClearChoice? I signed a contract with a private practice group with track to partnership in 2 years, very flexible in terms of scope, whatever you want to do. Recently heard about ClearChoice from a friend, they advertise working 4 mornings a week with twice as much pay compared to private practice (4.5 days).

Thank you.
You're not really working only mornings. Surgeries/procedures are mornings only, but afternoons you're still working, doing consults/postops/treatment planning, etc.

And from what I've heard, yes, people coming to see you are often sick, multiple comorbidities. If you think about it, if you need an all-on-x procedure you often have poor health to begin. So you're doing procedures on fairly unhealthy patients, which lessens your chance of success/proper healing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not personally worked there or have had any professional relationship with clear choice.
I’ve known probably five or more colleagues work there and they all told me they liked it. In fact I know 3 colleagues that have been there long term.

One colleague told me he does 3 arches a day. The morning he will do an upper and lower arch on the same patient, and the afternoon typically a single arch.
He also hires a crna. Does a lot of immediate load. Also does zygomatic implants in his practice and also immediately loads them.

Prosth resident here with some possible insight. We get scouted by ClearChoice each year and as far as myself and my co-residents have seen, we think OS has it nicer with ClearChoice compared to Prosth. ClearChoice only hires Prosth and OS, but Prosth seems to take the short end of the stick. OS is on a 1099 and basically assumes no liabilities after the surgery is done. You do the surgery and basically all complications are managed by Prosth. You have much more flexible schedules since I think they can contract with multiple OS to split the days in case you only want to work certain days of the week.

OS is on a 1099 and basically assumes no liabilities after the surgery is done.

I assure you - the oral surgeon as a 1099 has liability on the surgical and anesthesia end. Once their job is done it’s the restorative portion that is completed by the prosthodontist. If there is a problem from the surgical aspect (infection, bleeding, failed implant) the oral surgeon will take care of it.

I assure you - the oral surgeon as a 1099 has liability on the surgical and anesthesia end. Once their job is done it’s the restorative portion that is completed by the prosthodontist. If there is a problem from the surgical aspect (infection, bleeding, failed implant) the oral surgeon will take care of it.
I hope that is truly the case. The recruiter for us basically told us that all calls for things like emergencies goes to Prosth first and heavily implied that OS wasn't really responsible for anything outside of the surgery which is why most of us residents were very skeptical to further pursue ClearChoice. On the other hand, when we were speaking with Nuvia reps (another Prosth OS all-on-x DSO group) and we specifically had to ask if surgical calls are dealt with by OS and not by Prosth which they said yes to. We could have all misunderstood the recruiter, but that would possibly be a question to clarify with another recruiter if OP wants to consider ClearChoice.