Clerkship Pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright so quick question, apologies if I am in the wrong spot for this. I want to go into general surgery.
I just recently finished my surgery clerkship and ended up with a pass, honored the shelf but passed the clinical portion. I got great feedback from all the residents and from other attendings however this didn't factor in my grade (obviously). I did not get negative comments on my eval portion that goes into my MSPE, they were just relatively neutral, they did however mention I would make a good resident. Now as you can imagine I was pissed that I just passed when I saw this but not completely unexpected, I could tell that the director wasn't real impressed with me, I could have done some things differently, I could have been better. Now my question is how bad did this screw me? I am not looking to match into a top program or anything like that, but for middle of the road programs do I still have a chance? These are my stats.

Step1 is 245, taking step 2 here shortly
5/6 clerkship honors with strong comments (except for surgery)
Not sure of class rank
4 presentations
1 pub in review currently, with 1 or 2 more coming down the pipe but maybe not in time for apps
1 strong LOR so far
I appreciate any feedback. Long time lurker here.
 
You will be 1000000% fine. Stop freaking out. I got a pass in my surgery clerkship. Do a sub-i or two, get honors. Your application is already better than mine and I matched at my #1.