Clerkship Pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pirateshandshake

Reaction score
Alright so quick question, apologies if I am in the wrong spot for this. I want to go into general surgery.
I just recently finished my surgery clerkship and ended up with a pass, honored the shelf but passed the clinical portion. I got great feedback from all the residents and from other attendings however this didn't factor in my grade (obviously). I did not get negative comments on my eval portion that goes into my MSPE, they were just relatively neutral, they did however mention I would make a good resident. Now as you can imagine I was pissed that I just passed when I saw this but not completely unexpected, I could tell that the director wasn't real impressed with me, I could have done some things differently, I could have been better. Now my question is how bad did this screw me? I am not looking to match into a top program or anything like that, but for middle of the road programs do I still have a chance? These are my stats.

Step1 is 245, taking step 2 here shortly
5/6 clerkship honors with strong comments (except for surgery)
Not sure of class rank
4 presentations
1 pub in review currently, with 1 or 2 more coming down the pipe but maybe not in time for apps
1 strong LOR so far
I appreciate any feedback. Long time lurker here.

Members don't see this ad.

You will be 1000000% fine. Stop freaking out. I got a pass in my surgery clerkship. Do a sub-i or two, get honors. Your application is already better than mine and I matched at my #1.