Clerkships, Residency Training, etc in Japan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pythagoras

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please direct me to some websites, etc. about how I might go about doing an elective clerkship or eventually a residency in Japan?

In addition, is it very common for an American trained physician to seek employment in Japan once he/she has finished their residency training here in the US?

Currently I am MS1, about to be MS2 in a few weeks. I am taking private language lessons as well to become fluent in Japanese also. So hopefully in 2 or 3 years I will be proficient.

Members don't see this ad.

Pythagoras said:
Could someone please direct me to some websites, etc. about how I might go about doing an elective clerkship or eventually a residency in Japan?

In addition, is it very common for an American trained physician to seek employment in Japan once he/she has finished their residency training here in the US?

Currently I am MS1, about to be MS2 in a few weeks. I am taking private language lessons as well to become fluent in Japanese also. So hopefully in 2 or 3 years I will be proficient.

Kameda Medical Center (www.kameda.jp) has excellent clerkships. Go to www.japanmed.com and visit the student section.

dg

Anyone know of any others? A couple of years ago I heard of a good peds rotation with lots of Kawasaki's and I can't figure out where that was. I'm especially interested in the Tokyo area.