Clerkships/visiting students in the caribbean ?

Started by foxnews
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foxnews

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello,
I'm med student starting my 5th years in october . currently studying medicine in Italy.
I'm thinking about the summer clerkship or any program like visiting student in the caribbeans and spend holidays there 🙂
Does someone knows something about it? which school could accept student from europe for a clinical /clerckship or visiting student for 1, 2 semester? could i write to the Dean? it's it possible to find some financial or scholarship?
thx,
foxnews vs cnn lol

looking also for friends,
 
Hi foxnews vs. CNN 😉

Does your school not set up rotations for you in the Carib? Usually your school will set up your rotations for you. I'd suggest speaking to your clinical coordinator/the person who sets up your rotations for you.

Also, you'd have to go to an island with a major hospital in it that would most benefit you. Probably an island like the Caymans (which I believe is SMU/St. Matthews University) would have a major hospital like that. I'm not certain. I would advise you to speak with your school.

G'luck,
A

P.S. ITALIA, ITALIA, ITALIA!!! :laugh:
 
wè viva doctor Arie 🙂
that's my personal initiative going to caribbean island. I w thinking about to combine clerckship with hollidays.
Thx I will speak with my tutor.
don't you know if there are a lot of students from europe who have chose caribbean for their own initiative?
is it possible to apply for financial aid ( home, ...)
speaking of salaries of physicians, how much you earn a doctor in the caribbean island? ( cayman, bahamas, bermuda...