Cleveland Clinic Vs Memorial Sloan Kettering elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DragonFlyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would eight weeks of coronary ICU be awesome or overwhelming? Would having a broader range of electives in different specialities be better? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been offered an elective in Neuro at Msk and Coronary ICU at CCF but I've no idea which to pick! They are on at the same time. Both specialties are very interesting but I've always leaned a bit more towards Cardio. However I'm doing a Coronary ICU elective in Johns Hopkins at a different time.

Can I ask to defer one of the electives by a year? Is that possible? Cos it would totally suit me if I could do that.

In summary:
Would eight weeks of coronary ICU be awesome or overwhelming? Would having a broader range of electives in different specialities be better? CCF or msk? Thank you!

Uh going to be hard to give you any advice without knowing more about you. I'm assuming you're an IMG/Carib given that most US medical students won't have these kinds of questions.

What's your end game? An audition rotation? Trying to make connections for a letter of rec?

What do you actually want to go into? You should think about whether you want to do neuro or IM or something else...

8 weeks of CCU as a student/observer won't be hard.

Actually the more I think about this, the more I think you need to figure out your own goals and plans before you go ahead and start scheduling a bunch of electives.

Reactions: 1 user
You should rotate at hospitals where you might be able to match.

Reactions: 1 user