Cleveland State-Neomed Post bacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Friday March 10th at NEOMED and Friday March 24th at CSU. So pumped! Congrats everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So did everyone get an invite???
Seems like it. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So did everyone get an invite???
Seems like it. ;)
Or, more realistically and optimistically, the candidates who got interviews are proactive enough to be active on this forum, and maybe there are people on this forum who didn't get interviews but don't feel like posting about it. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Statistics show they invite about half the applicants, then accept have of those. Probably not hard to find the 60 of us on this forum...

Or, more realistically and optimistically, the candidates who got interviews are proactive enough to be active on this forum, and maybe there are people on this forum who didn't get interviews but don't feel like posting about it. :eyebrow:
Feeling quite disheartened right now, but I'll go ahead and be an active member. I was following this forum but decided to go ahead and sign-up, despite now realizing that I am one of those candidates that has probably been rejected. :( I did not receive an email today. I think the conclusion is quite obvious at this point. Congrats to everyone else!

Feeling quite disheartened right now, but I'll go ahead and be an active member. I was following this forum but decided to go ahead and sign-up, despite now realizing that I am one of those candidates that has probably been rejected. :( I did not receive an email today. I think the conclusion is quite obvious at this point. Congrats to everyone else!
No news is not always bad news. Keep your head up! Best of luck in your endeavors regardless of the NEOMED/CSU outcome.

I didn't get an email either. Are you in-state or out-of-state? I'm panicking too cause last year I got waitlisted so I was hoping I'd have a chance this time

I didn't get an email either. Are you in-state or out-of-state? I'm panicking too cause last year I got waitlisted so I was hoping I'd have a chance this time
I am out-of-state, and I knew not to let my hopes get too high. I would have wished for my state to have an opportunity like this. I guess my only bit of advice for you is DON'T panic although I'm sure that's not what you'd like to hear. I wish you the best, and hope that you do get another shot this year. :)

I am out-of-state, and I knew not to let my hopes get too high. I would have wished for my state to have an opportunity like this. I guess my only bit of advice for you is DON'T panic although I'm sure that's not what you'd like to hear. I wish you the best, and hope that you do get another shot this year. :)

I'm out of state too. Last year they had the out of state people interview on one weekend. That's really my only hope at this point, that they're sending the emails separately... otherwise I'm sure it was a rejection :/

Reactions: 1 users
I'm out of state too. Last year they had the out of state people interview on one weekend. That's really my only hope at this point, that they're sending the emails separately... otherwise I'm sure it was a rejection :/
Do they send out denial letters? I am sure they will notified the candidates who are not getting an invite, right?

Sounds like it is reasonable to have that glimmer of hope, being that both you and I are out-of-state applicants. Reading that email over again, it seems that all notifications should have been sent out by the end of this week. I get the feeling that they possibly ran out of time today, and sent out the priority emails first and left the rejections for Monday. Either way, try to take it easy and relax, regardless of the outcome. It's simply not the end of the world; that's what I've been telling myself. Good luck, and stay strong!

Do they send out denial letters? I am sure they will notified the candidates who are not getting an invite, right?

Last year I was waitlisted but didn't get in from the waitlist, and they mailed it out. I'm not sure how they notify people who didn't get an interview though. Wish they'd just tell us if we got rejected :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like it is reasonable to have that glimmer of hope, being that both you and I are out-of-state applicants. Reading that email over again, it seems that all notifications should have been sent out by the end of this week. I get the feeling that they possibly ran out of time today, and sent out the priority emails first and left the rejections for Monday. Either way, try to take it easy and relax, regardless of the outcome. It's simply not the end of the world; that's what I've been telling myself. Good luck, and stay strong!

That's what I keep thinking too!! That they haven't sent out the rejection letters yet and are simply waiting to send it out later. It's definitely the most logical conclusion. Really crossing my fingers that we didn't get an email for some other reason though

That's what I keep thinking too!! That they haven't sent out the rejection letters yet and are simply waiting to send it out later. It's definitely the most logical conclusion. Really crossing my fingers that we didn't get an email for some other reason though
I feel your pain, but just hang in there.

Here's my guess for the people that haven't heard back yet - on our interview offer emails, they ask us to confirm our attendance for the interview. I feel like if people say no or don't confirm, they might offer more interviews, which is why they haven't said no yet. No news is not bad news!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm an out-of-state student and received the acceptance for interview yesterday, but it was after COB on Friday so I assume they were pressed for time and didn't get to send out their entire queue of acceptances/denials. According to the email the OOS interviews will be Mar 9 & 10, wish they gave us more time to buy tickets but it is what it is.

Anybody who intereviewed last year have any tips or advice for what the individual and group interviews are like?

Has anybody else noticed that the NEOMED website has been redone and none of the CSU-NEOMED postbacc/M.D. pages are there anymore?

Has anybody else noticed that the NEOMED website has been redone and none of the CSU-NEOMED postbacc/M.D. pages are there anymore?
yes. I tired to access the page but was told it is not available.

yes. I tired to access the page but was told it is not available.
glad to know I wasn't the only one working on interview prep this weekend. Was trying to get some specific figures and facts from their site and can't access anything anymore. I do like the new design though!

Did anybody receive a separate email regarding the interview info?

I was told there would he one

Did anybody receive a separate email regarding the interview info?

I was told there would he one
I think we get that a little later this week. The email said things were still getting finalized. Plus I think they want to just send one giant bcc email to everyone that confirmed an interview so they might wait a few days to send it out.

Just got the follow up email (confirming your confirmation)

Has anybody heard anything from CSU about the interview?

It would've been great to just be able to make all the interviews at the NEOMED location.
Oh well it is, what it is

I received an email from CSU today that stated the location and times of the group interview.

At the NEOMED interview they said we would be notified in early May but on the email we received prior to interview invites it said we would be notified first week of April with acceptances due by mid April so they can establish alternate list. The May date is probably correct right??

At the NEOMED interview they said we would be notified in early May but on the email we received prior to interview invites it said we would be notified first week of April with acceptances due by mid April so they can establish alternate list. The May date is probably correct right??
I would assume that the May 1st date would be right but I will fully admit that I have no insider knowledge or insight to say otherwise. Just my gut...

Might be worth it to call the program?

I would assume that the May 1st date would be right but I will fully admit that I have no insider knowledge or insight to say otherwise. Just my gut...

Might be worth it to call the program?

I think I heard people say May 1st when I was there for the interview. I took that as accurate bc I know some people in my group weren't having their interview until later this month. I figured it would be only fair to have all candidates complete with all phases before making decisions.

It is just a difficult wait planning the next portion of life, whether it be applying/interviewing/accepting jobs to sitting completely still waiting on school decisions. That is always the tricky thing about school though.

I think I heard people say May 1st when I was there for the interview. I took that as accurate bc I know some people in my group weren't having their interview until later this month. I figured it would be only fair to have all candidates complete with all phases before making decisions.

It is just a difficult wait planning the next portion of life, whether it be applying/interviewing/accepting jobs to sitting completely still waiting on school decisions. That is always the tricky thing about school though.
I agree. But considering the medical school interviews were back to back (at least that's what it seemed like) and CSU is doing two separate days (next week due to spring break), I can't believe that it would take a horribly long time. The first week in April (like the initial email said) should be easily doable. The medical school should know who they want and who they want to wait list. All the program should be waiting on is the decisions from CSU.

I agree. But considering the medical school interviews were back to back (at least that's what it seemed like) and CSU is doing two separate days (next week due to spring break), I can't believe that it would take a horribly long time. The first week in April (like the initial email said) should be easily doable. The medical school should know who they want and who they want to wait list. All the program should be waiting on is the decisions from CSU.

That's actually a question I asked to both institutions and what they said was consistent. They have an internal meeting then they have a meeting with both institutions before making a decision. IE. It doesn't sound like they are making a decision independent of one another.

That's actually a question I asked to both institutions and what they said was consistent. They have an internal meeting then they have a meeting with both institutions before making a decision. IE. It doesn't sound like they are making a decision independent of one another.
Do you really think it will take one month to make their decisions. I'd like an answer sooner than later.

Last edited:
Do you really think it will take one month to make their decisions. I'd like an answer sooner than later.

I sure hope it doesn't take that long!

I may call NEOMED in a few weeks just to see when we'll find out for sure. Either end of April/early May I guess. If anyone finds out anything concrete, please share.

I may call NEOMED in a few weeks just to see when we'll find out for sure. Either end of April/early May I guess. If anyone finds out anything concrete, please share.
Yeah we received two different dates - first week of May from NEOMED but the interview invite email said early April. Talking to people who applied last year - their turnaround was only 2.5-3 weeks from the last interview day. I feel like this more likely than May but who knows!

If you do call, let us know what they say.

Just got the email update. Late April early May for decisions. Weird how last year it took three weeks this year it's taking over a month.

Hey just in case any of us don't get accepted, does anybody know of a program that is similar to this one? With a guaranteed admissions to med school

Hey just in case any of us don't get accepted, does anybody know of a program that is similar to this one? With a guaranteed admissions to med school
To my knowledge, there is not another program with a direct feeder or direct path to medical school. Is anyone else getting frustrated by how long this process is taking?

Just let it be. Go with flow. Do what you gotta do and not think about it.
What helps me is that I explore other options for schools. I fool myself into thinking I'm not accepted. That way If I don't get in, I won't be as devastated, and If I do, then that's good

Temple and Drexel have similar feeder programs. I don't think their deadlines have passed yet.

This wait is brutal - trying to figure out a lot of stuff with my family, wife's job, where to live, but so much is dependent on whether I get into this program!

This wait is brutal - trying to figure out a lot of stuff with my family, wife's job, where to live, but so much is dependent on whether I get into this program!
I agree. At least it's in the next two weeks, we'll find out the decision