cliff AP bio and Chads Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strikeout13GB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the test in late august and have been studying for a few weeks now and have just finished up going through cliffs AP bio twice and chads videos and extra material, for anyone who has looked through these things 1. how are the bio questions in the cliff ap book (practice tests) compared with the real DAT or other practice test? and 2. do chads videos cover enough? i've worked through all of his practice problems for gen chem and o chem and there doesnt seem to be that many different kinds of problems? (maybe im just use to bio and the million different questions they can ask)

Members don't see this ad.

My answers:

1. The questions in Cliffs are good but I don't know how comparable they are to the real thing. The best way to describe the bio section on the DAT is that if you're a bio major, you should get an 18-20 pretty easily. There are quite a few easy questions. But they will through some stuff out there that you've never see before. Stuff that the average or even above average student is going to miss. Honestly, I don't think there's a good way to prepare for those questions. I recommend people to just know the basics REALLY REALLY WELL.

2. I think Chad's videos cover everything you'll need. Whether you'll be able to apply it on the real thing or not is another story. If you've gone through Chad's videos and taken notes, I would be working on as many practice problems as I could get my hands on. (Destroyer, ACS guide, your textbook are all good sources) If you're extremely well prepared, you can score really high on genchem and ochem because they're not quite as broad.

Good luck.

thanks for your input, yea thats what i've read, the questions in cliff can get pretty picky and alot of them are more involved than just knowing facts, I am a bio major but i'm still mising like 7 or 8 questions out of 40 on the cliff's test so its discouraging me, it seems like for the bio you just need to get lucky and get a "good" test to score in the mid to high 20's