Clinical Experince

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I volunteer in a nursing home to assist senior citizens. I usually play games with them and take a person out for a walk. I also work with disabled people and do the similar things.

Do any of the activities above count as clinical exposure ?

What kind of activities are considered as clinical experience ?

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I volunteer in a nursing home to assist senior citizens. I usually play games with them and take a person out for a walk. I also work with disabled people and do the similar things.

Do any of the activities above count as clinical exposure ?

What kind of activities are considered as clinical experience ?

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you. :D

I would say it depends on if you actually see any medically related things while working with them. If not, I'd say it just good ole' volunteering. Either way, you'd need to do it while in college to include it on your medical school application. Clinical experience includes volunteering at a hospital, shadowing, etc. If you observe or deal with medical patients, it's definitely clinical experience.

Question, why is your status Attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say it depends on if you actually see any medically related things while working with them. If not, I'd say it just good ole' volunteering. Either way, you'd need to do it while in college to include it on your medical school application. Clinical experience includes volunteering at a hospital, shadowing, etc. If you observe or deal with medical patients, it's definitely clinical experience.

Question, why is your status Attending?

Thank you for taking your valuable time to answer my question.

haha... my time isn't that valuable. But that's why I check out the hsdn page, to see if I can offer any advice. Let me know if I can help with any other questions.

Well, after 600 views and receiving only one very helpful advice. You know how it feels right ? Anyway thanks :)