Clinical observation frustration (COVID)

Started by deleted626763
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted626763

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm actually pre-SLP but speechies don't really have an active Internet community. I figured you guys would be the most likely to know how to help.

I am at a loss in how to find people for observation hours. Many SLP programs are waiving the requirement. There is a program I am applying to that still wants me to interview someone and I can't find an email address to contact someone for that.

Thoughts? Help? Experiences?

Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually a related allied health field (pre-SLP) but speechies don't really have an active Internet community. I figured you guys would be the most likely to know how to help.

I am at a loss in how to find people for observation hours. Many SLP programs are waiving the requirement. There is a program I am applying to that still wants me to interview someone and I can't find an email address to contact someone for that.

Thoughts? Help? Experiences?

Thanks!
My guess would be to reach out to smaller clinics and just humbly ask if there was an SLP willing to be interviewed for school requirement purposes. Or better yet call, emails are easy to ignore. A smaller clinic would be easier to navigate and speak to a human being.

Do you guys have groups on Facebook? Maybe you could ask for local recommendations? There's a number of PT groups on FB, including more local ones, just wondering if speech ones are out there too.
 
My guess would be to reach out to smaller clinics and just humbly ask if there was an SLP willing to be interviewed for school requirement purposes. Or better yet call, emails are easy to ignore. A smaller clinic would be easier to navigate and speak to a human being.

Do you guys have groups on Facebook? Maybe you could ask for local recommendations? There's a number of PT groups on FB, including more local ones, just wondering if speech ones are out there too.

Those are really good ideas. I will try those things and hope I have luck. 🙂