clinical requirements at Temple, please compare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone always talks about how many clinical requirements each school has to do, but I was curious as to exactly what each schools requirement was.

http://www.dmdstudent.com/2008/12/01/clinical-requirements-at-temple/

Follow the link and download the excel for a spreadsheet list of our clinical requirements.

We are a point system. We have to accrue a certain amount of points in each clinic as well as a certain amount of procedures. Graduating wth a C in each clinic is very doable, getting an A is more difficult obviously. Temple is nice in that you can spend as much time in a certain clinic as you want. So if you want to do 50 crowns you can. If you want to do 150 extractions...you can, if you want to do 50 dentures (why????? I dont know) you can. etc.

I was wondering how other schools compare to this rudimentary list a classmate made. Note that competencies are not included on this list and we do have to finish normal competencies on a pass/fail basis. Rubber dam, class II, class III, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for putting that up. I was wondering if anyone had the requirements for NYU and UMDNJ. PLEASE POST THEM UP! Thanks.

So i gather that you are a student at Temple Dental school, 1992corolla. I got into the school and I am deciding whether I should go there. this spreadsheet explains a lot of requirements about the dental program. Thanks for sharing.

How do you like it at Temple? Would you recommend it to other students? Please also tell me about the area. Does Temple have dorms or apartments just for the students near the school? what area do most students live in and how do they commute to school? How are the living expenses? Rent for one bedroom apartment in a good area? Is it hard to get a chair? Do you feel that temple has more requirements than other dental schools? How are the exams, are they multiple choice? Do you have exams every week or is it after 2-3 weeks? How is the grading, is it pass/fail? Please I need all the information I can get about the school. Thank you so much for answering my numerous questions, but I really appreciate it a lot. I look forward to your response. Thanks.