• Forums Updates - Thursday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Thursday starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.
  • Seeking Outstanding Advisors
    If you have benefited from an amazing advisor, nominate them for the 2024 Advisor of the Year Award! Accepting nominations now through March 31st.

Clinical Research Coordinator Salary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD5678

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am applying to clinical research coordinator jobs and negotiating salaries. I have no idea what to ask for, so would a few of you who work in clinical research post grad give me some direction? I dont want to ask for something absurd or too low.. I am not sure what the usual range is.

Sorry if this is a weird question, I just want to answer it accurately.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I make a little under 40k in a not so expensive city as a clinical research coordinator. Some of my coworkers with much more experience make 65k+, but for a new job, I think 40k is standard in my area.

About $40-50k plus benefits. I’m on the lower end of the range since I’m still entry, but I get about 30 paid days off a year

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a large city where the supply of new graduates is never-ending, so salaries tend to be a bit lower. I started at 32k and am now at 40k after a year, however that's for 35-hour weeks. I generally work 40-hours, so I make a bit more than that. Benefits are pretty great though, so I'm not too displeased with my salary. I would ask for 40k!

I agree, ask for 40k if you're just starting out. If you have any previous clinical research experience you might be able to get a little more. I was a clinical research assistant before I became a CRC so I was able to start in the upper 40s.

It depends on where you are and what your experiences are. Fresh out of college with 0 real-world clinical research experience, you can typically expect to make <$40k. Get a year under your belt and look elsewhere and you can make north of $70k.

It depends on where you are and what your experiences are. Fresh out of college with 0 real-world clinical research experience, you can typically expect to make <$40k. Get a year under your belt and look elsewhere and you can make north of $70k.

What CRC jobs pay north of $70k after only one year's experience? Normally it takes years to work up to that. I think at a minimum you would need to be licensed and have a nursing degree or other certification to make that kind of income with such little job experience.

Seriously though, where are these jobs? I want to apply lol

Agree on the ~$40k your first year, strongly disagree on $70k after 1 year. I don't know what job gives you a 75% raise after 1 year - if there is such a job, it sure as hell isn't clinical research.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree on the ~$40k your first year, strongly disagree on $70k after 1 year. I don't know what job gives you a 75% raise after 1 year - if there is such a job, it sure as hell isn't clinical research.

I worked as a CRC at a pharma CRO running phase I and II studies making $15 an hour. After 10 months there, I found a CRC position at a medical center that loved my clinical background in college and started me at $70k salary.

You just have to know where to look. CRO's running phase I pharma studies won't pay $70k, but a medical center running phase III and IV studies in acute, life-threatening illnesses where you're on-call will pay that.

Perhaps saying "north" of $70k is the higher end of the bell curve, but certainly a year's experience (depending on where that year was worked) and the right location warrants $60k+