Clinical rotation - radiology or neurology first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 electives during my 3rd year and 4 electives during my 4th year. I wonder whether I should do one radiology rotation first and then neurology or should I try neurology first and see if I really like it and then do radiology? From your perspective, what's more beneficial? I know, I should've posted it in clinical rotations forum but I would really like to hear from people "in the field". Any thoughts? How did you do or how would you do if you had a chance to do it again? Is radiology rotation as useful as they say it is for neurology? Thanks!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

This advice is true for most anything. If you do radiology first, it will be helpful in neurology. If you do neurology first, it will be helpful in radiology.

If you do medicine first, the clinical relevance of each subsequent rotation will make more sense. If you do medicine last, you will be able to tie up all the things you learned throughout the third year together.

The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter. You want to have solid clinical experience before you do anything that you are seriously considering going into, but you want to know for sure what you want to do by May or so of your third year. Other than that, you can't go wrong.