Clinical Rotation sites hunting - ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gummy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I understand that our schools will set up rotation sites for you during our last year however I do not want to do them all at my current state. My school has a limited range of contracts out of state and I would like to do one out of state. So I have to search for hospitals that offer any clinical rotation in areas such as adult acute care, critical care, general medicine, ambulatory care, etc.

I'm hoping to look for a site in New York, Hawaii, Florida, Illinois, or Washington State. If any of you know of any great sites in these states that offer any rotation that I could contact, please let me know. Thank you very much!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I understand that our schools will set up rotation sites for you during our last year however I do not want to do them all at my current state. My school has a limited range of contracts out of state and I would like to do one out of state. So I have to search for hospitals that offer any clinical rotation in areas such as adult acute care, critical care, general medicine, ambulatory care, etc.

I'm hoping to look for a site in New York, Hawaii, Florida, Illinois, or Washington State. If any of you know of any great sites in these states that offer any rotation that I could contact, please let me know. Thank you very much!! :)

Forget Chicago...they have 3 pharmacy schools, plus already take students from the surrounding states. None of the decent hospitals/rotations could probably take an extra student. I think away rotations will be harder and harder to come by..

Don't be discouraged. I got a rotation in California, where they have 8 pharmacy schools, at a pretty reputable academic hospital. it was through networking that I got the rotation
Just look at the ASHP directory for residencies.

Hey guys!

Seattle has a pharmacy school and there is also one in Spokane/Pullman but there are a great deal of hospitals in the Seattle metro area, so if you touch base with a program early they may be able to accommodate you.

Like an early poster mentioned, pull up the residency list for each state and look into the programs that interest you on there.