Clinical rotation transfer and fee questions

Started by aiesha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aiesha

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am posting this thread about my current situation in hopes that someone can help me understand what's going on with my current school. So I have transferred 2 core rotations (Family and Peds) into my now current medical school. From my understanding there are 6 clinical semesters for clinical rotations. Each semester being 12 weeks long. Therefore it's MD6 - MD11. Now if I have transferred 2 cores totaling at 12 weeks that is considered 1 whole semester. so I would only be responsible for paying 5 semesters worth of tuition fees with my now current school. Correct?

I am asking this because my current school I am attending is stating that I still have to pay MD11, which to me doesn't make sense, seeing as I should have a transfer credit for it and currently I am up to date with payments on all my semesters. Can someone confirm that this is how it works? It would mean alot to me, I feel like I am being cheated and that my school is trying to get more money from me. Much appreciated! Thanks.