Clinical services provided in outpatient settings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi @rebecca_chatul_tov! There are several opportunities for pharmacists to provide clinical services in non-hospital settings. For example, there may be remote order verification or drug information questions. In addition, ambulatory care has evolved in the past few years that allows MTM (medication therapy management) services for patients coming into the clinic. Other services such as warfarin management can also be managed in outpatient settings.

Hope this helps!
 
Hi @rebecca_chatul_tov! There are several opportunities for pharmacists to provide clinical services in non-hospital settings. For example, there may be remote order verification or drug information questions. In addition, ambulatory care has evolved in the past few years that allows MTM (medication therapy management) services for patients coming into the clinic. Other services such as warfarin management can also be managed in outpatient settings.

Hope this helps!

Hey thank you for the reply. I am using NextStep out here while I am deployed overseas. I am going to go shadow at a military clinic in December once our tour starts wrapping up. Are questions about MTM something I can bring to office hours?