Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an FM doctor who is excited to start a Genitourinary medicine fellowship:
my.clevelandclinic.org
medicine.utah.edu
I've been offered a job with a midwest health system that pays $300K after fellowship for the first year with $85K signing bonus, and then year 2 is dependent on RVU's which are as follows:
6800 RVUs = $325K base, with 12.5% bonus (tied to closing charts, patient satisfaction)
7400 RVUs = $375K base with 12.5% bonus
8880 RVUs = $425K base with 12.5% bonus
Do these RVU numbers seem reasonable? I'd be doing a mix of E&M codes, along with cystoscopy, bladder botox, TRUSP + Bx, space oar, fiducial placement, possibly vasectomies (catholic health system, but previous urologist did them off-site), and rare stent placement. When I breakdown the rvus It's around $47-50/rvu, which is on the low/middle for FM, but RVU's are much higher than FM. What changes would you make to this offer? I've applied to other hospitals who were very interested in this to support the few urologists they have and help cut down clinic burden, but don't know quite how to value the role. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Fellowship in Genitourinary Medicine and Men’s Health | Cleveland Clinic
With a long history of multidisciplinary collaboration in the field of men’s genitourinary health, Cleveland Clinic’s Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute has trained non-surgeon physicians to manage urologic disease for over 30 years.
Genitourinary Fellowship
The University of Utah Urology Department is excited to offer a Genitourinary Medicine Fellowship. This is a unique and innovative fellowship that started in 2021 and is meant for Family Medicine and Internal Medicine residency graduates. This one-year Genitourinary Medicine Fellowship will...
I've been offered a job with a midwest health system that pays $300K after fellowship for the first year with $85K signing bonus, and then year 2 is dependent on RVU's which are as follows:
6800 RVUs = $325K base, with 12.5% bonus (tied to closing charts, patient satisfaction)
7400 RVUs = $375K base with 12.5% bonus
8880 RVUs = $425K base with 12.5% bonus
Do these RVU numbers seem reasonable? I'd be doing a mix of E&M codes, along with cystoscopy, bladder botox, TRUSP + Bx, space oar, fiducial placement, possibly vasectomies (catholic health system, but previous urologist did them off-site), and rare stent placement. When I breakdown the rvus It's around $47-50/rvu, which is on the low/middle for FM, but RVU's are much higher than FM. What changes would you make to this offer? I've applied to other hospitals who were very interested in this to support the few urologists they have and help cut down clinic burden, but don't know quite how to value the role. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!