Quantcast

Clinical Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealthE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to go about having a good clinical volunteering experience? My shadowing is going great. However, I need a good clinical volunteer experience for the next year.

galaxyx

Reaction score
Have a positive attitude. If you consider your role to be to help everything go smoothly and help the patients have a better experience, you'll have a good experience. If you think that you're above certain tasks, or think negatively, you'll have a bad experience. I

dmf2682

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Have a positive attitude. If you consider your role to be to help everything go smoothly and help the patients have a better experience, you'll have a good experience. If you think that you're above certain tasks, or think negatively, you'll have a bad experience. I

This. Doing the hokey pokey with special needs kids is something I never thought I'd enjoy but it's a highlight of my week.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
OP, are you trying to figure out how to get a clinical volunteer opportunity? That's what I thought this thread was about when I clicked on it.

HealthE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OP, are you trying to figure out how to get a clinical volunteer opportunity? That's what I thought this thread was about when I clicked on it.

Yes, I am.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Yes, I am.

Most hospitals have volunteer programs in clinical areas. Check their website, call the volunteer coordinator, or possibly speak to any physicians you may know and see if they can help you out.

Ashley1989

Reaction score
Google cope health solutions and see if there are any participating hospitals in your area. I feel like a spammer for telling everyone about it but it's a great program. At the hospital I am at we feed patients, bathe them, take vitals, help discharge, get to observe in labor and delivery and OR, etc. it's worth looking into!

DrHoffy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you wan to get paid AND get in with a med school....try seing if the local med school is hiring for standardized patients. You get trained, get paid very well, and get your foot in the door of the school! Plus what a cool personal statement topic!

Just a thought...:D

Marcia