MD Closed.000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmystery112358

Reaction score
During my freshman year, I had a lot of personal s*** going on, and it affected my grades (2.85sGPA, 3.2 overall). Eventually I did something stupid but non-violent and got suspended for 2 years.
I took those two years, became a paramedic, worked full time for a year, and then continued to work part-time while I went back to school. Finished my bachelors with no more disciplinary infractions.
I have a final sGPA of 3.69, overall of 3.85, MCAT of 524, and I'm spending this application cycle getting a Masters of Science in Health Professions Education.

I think I'm enough of an applicant to get in somewhere, but do I even have a shot at something like an Ivy? My brother went to UCSF, does that help?

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? How long ago was your freshman year and what what was the nature of the incident ?

Where is your state of residence ? How long ago was your freshman year and what what was the nature of the incident ?
New England, and it was a argument with another student. Non-violent, non-plagiarism, but I'm reluctant to post the details on SDN

The two-year suspension came from the school so that would be an IA. The length of the suspension will raise a ton of flags without careful explanation on your application and followup (supplementals and interviews). You should talk to admissions counselors before raising a writing implement to start an application, MCAT score notwithstanding.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.