CME requirements with full medical license?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Blade28

So now that I've finally got my state medical license, do I have to start earning CME credits? Where can I find out what the requirements are?

Members don't see this ad.

So now that I've finally got my state medical license, do I have to start earning CME credits? Where can I find out what the requirements are?

Most states have exceptions for people in training. If you stay where you are, or apply for a new state license after residency, they may ask you for proof of CME. Generally, all it takes for the exception is a two line letter from your PD stating you were in residency during period x-y.

Here is the link for your state: http://www.ganet.org/meb/ced_info.html (which shows the exception for those in GME programs.)

NB: in the link above there is some curious profession called "auricular detoxification". Are people's ears particularly toxic in Ga? :D

Thanks KC, that helps a lot!

Have you started keeping track of your CME credits now that you're a big bad attending? ;)