CNA training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilbit

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am either going to apply to DO and RN schools. By November I will have a BS in Biology. Over 200 hours of volunteer work and a semester of research, I also have a semester of PT classes under my belt. I was wondering if anyone knew the schedule of CNA training in KY or a site I could find it on. I thought I would go ahead and get that and be working in a medical setting for this year until I find out my status to the schools I applied. I prefer the CNA training locations in eastern KY. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Lilbit,

I am going to post some general info because I'm not sure what you meant when you used the abbreviation CNA. A "CNA" is a certified nurse aide. This title has been official (at least in NY where I practiced nursing and I believe out here in AZ too) since the '90's. Nurse aides must sit for a certification exam before they can work for home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities and I believe hospitals as well. If this is what you mean, then you need to take a special course that will allow you to be certified at the completion of the course. If you mean nurse anesthetist (CRNA), you must have a bachelor's degree in nursing and most programs want you to have at least 2 years of nursing experience, usually in critical care. Many programs require the MAT or GRE and there are application cycle deadlines (eg. all application materials including personal statements, letters of recommendation, and transcripts must be in before Jul. 15). If you are looking into DO programs, then you must ideally have taken your MCATs prior to applying, and have sent in your application on Jun. 1 (of the year prior to proposed matriculation, i.e. 6/1/02 for Aug, 2003). For further info on the application process to DO programs, check out this website: http://www.aacom.org . For either the nurse aide or nurse anesthetist programs you may want to check out your state board of nursing in Ky. Hope this helps :)

Hi again, I found this piece of info for you:

Trover Foundation/Murray State University
Program of Anesthesia
435 North Kentucky Ave.
Suite A
Madisonville, KY 42431

Program Information
Date of Last Review: 09/1997
Next Review Date: 09/2003
Degree(s): Master of Science in Nursing
Program Length: 27 months
Starting Month(s): JUN