CNS vs. NP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunnybee24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between the two? Are the jobs better for NPs? I haven't met any CNS in person and really have heard that their positions are the same. How do you guys feel about accelerated degrees to nurse practitioner and CNS positions?

Members don't see this ad.

Nevermind... went to allnurses.com and found my answers. btw, there is a some serious ego around here about PAs being better than NPs. Maybe some people should learn a thing or two about basic decency and respect for others choices in life before blabbing how great their profession is compared to others.

just my 2 cents.

peace out.

Nevermind... went to allnurses.com and found my answers. btw, there is a some serious ego around here about PAs being better than NPs. Maybe some people should learn a thing or two about basic decency and respect for others choices in life before blabbing how great their profession is compared to others.

just my 2 cents.

peace out.

I just got accepted to NP school myself, so don't get the wrong idea. But it isn't the PAs you need to worry around here, it's the MDs and would be MDs.

Well I am a PA and a Dr., so I guess you should be doubly worried!!:laugh: