Co-Signed LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WuMedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I am on the other side of this this time! I am the Head TA for a large lecture class and a student that I got to know well asked me to write her a letter of recommendation (as the professor did not know most students personally since it was a large class) for a summer research program and my professor agreed to cosign.

When drafting the letter, I should use the pronoun "we" correct? Even if there were certain things that only I observed, since it is coming from the two of us collectively, "we" indicates in this case at least one of us rather than both of us right?

Further, a small nuance, but do I sign to the left or right of my Professor? I can't find this online anywhere!

Thanks!
-Wu

Members don't see this ad.

I would use "we" if I was in that position. And as for the signature, I have no idea

In your position, I would use "we".

There is no rule I know of about which name goes first. If one signature were below the other, your name would go first as you are the junior. Using that logic, your name should be to the left and the professor to the right.