Is this LOR considered a Science LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockyRoad78

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having so much trouble finding a second science LOR writer. It is 100% my fault, I went to a big university and graduated, and since a lot of classes were online due to COVID, I never took initiative to get really close to professors. I have one solid science LOR, from a neuroscience professor. I have another potential LOR writer, who taught a Language Science class that went towards my neuroscience degree. Would this letter from my language class professor be considered a science LOR?? I don't think it would but it's the best I can do right now... Should I continue to just email all the science professors I've ever had and just hope one takes pity on me?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Read

A bad letter is worse than no letter. Check if two science letters are really required across all the schools on your list.

Read

A bad letter is worse than no letter. Check if two science letters are really required across all the schools on your list.
Totally agree! Do you think that the Language Science counts as Science, or should I email other professors? I think 2 letters are required for some of the schools on my list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally agree! Do you think that the Language Science counts as Science, or should I email other professors? I think 2 letters are required for some of the schools on my list.
I would have to see your advising sheet to know how the course contributes to your degree, but my first hunch says no unless otherwise shown on the syllabus. Your academic advisors and prehealth advisors should know.