alliecat415

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
was wondering what grades some of you had in college calculus before you were accepted into optometry schools, in particular ico, indiana u bloomington, osu and pco. looking at whether or not i need to retake. thanks.

A

RSLilly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I know calculus is a pre-req for some schools, but I don't think they look at it very closely as compared to some of the others- like those tested on the OAT. I got college credit from my high school calc class. (It technically comes in as transfer credit, from a University at home.) I do think I got an A, but no one ever mentioned the odd situation to me or anything. (I only applied to IU, and got accepted.)

I suspect that a low grade in calculus would not matter less than one in Chem or Bio, but I guess more than one in English or something. But I think one low grade is really not going to matter that much, as long as it's not a habit.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.