College Conspiracy. Almost 1 trillion dollars in student debt!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moissanite69

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After watching this video from youtube, I was shocked with number of student debt right now: 830 billions. Also, they do mention about pharmacy job market , too. If are you interested in this video, go to you tube and enter "college conspiracy" in the keyword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE
 
After watching this video from youtube, I was shocked with number of student debt right now: 830 billions. Also, they do mention about pharmacy job market , too. If are you interested in this video, go to you tube and enter "college conspiracy" in the keyword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE

I'm not sure I believe that that previously retired pharmacist moved from New York to Alabama away from his family for an $18/hr pharmacist job. However, it does give me a lot to think about before I give someone advice about going to college (at least for undergrad degrees).
 
Some of the stuff in the video seems a little strange to me, i.e. they claim that the average high school graduate taking an entry-level job makes more money than the average college graduate taking an entry-level job (although this might be true, who knows). It really opened my eyes to some other stuff though, like how Americans have more collective student debt than credit card debt, why it's illogical that tuition costs actually rise every year, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure I believe that that previously retired pharmacist moved from New York to Alabama away from his family for an $18/hr pharmacist job. However, it does give me a lot to think about before I give someone advice about going to college (at least for undergrad degrees).
I wonder where that guy lives and graduated from. Because St John helps a lot of people find jobs in the nyc area; however my hospital director told me that nyc has too many people, and that I should go to other places to find a job. mcphs-boston said the same thing, that jobs are in rural areas. I do agree that college is way more expensive than it should be.

Btw that video helped my friend quit college to be a beautician.
 
Last edited:
This was really an informative video. Especially the part about how they interviewed people who made over 200k. And the majority of those people said if they held college degrees their wealth/business had NOTHING to do with thier college degree:wow:

I hope the future of the american dollar is not as bleak as they portray it to be in the future. However, I've never been an economics guru. I've heard in this video and other sources that people are better off investing their money in gold and silver for the future...who knows man...
 
This was really an informative video. Especially the part about how they interviewed people who made over 200k. And the majority of those people said if they held college degrees their wealth/business had NOTHING to do with thier college degree:wow:

I hope the future of the american dollar is not as bleak as they portray it to be in the future. However, I've never been an economics guru. I've heard in this video and other sources that people are better off investing their money in gold and silver for the future...who knows man...

Just because it's on YouTube doesn't make it all true.

Be at least a bit skeptical. There's probably some truth in there. There's probably also some stretched truths. Maybe even some falsities.

I naturally distrust anything with the word "conspiracy", or that implies the work of a hidden agenda by the "illuminati". Or, if you like, the "pentavirate": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo
(fave scene ever...)
 
Last edited:
I am so glad I watched this documentary after college. I would have been depressed out of my mind. I have been out of school for a year and have been licensed since august. I have already paid my debt in such a short time. I don't regret my decision in the least. Of course college is gonna screw some people who were not able to find a job but for those who do they are earning much more money than people who get jobs coming from high school. This video is way to biased on one side. I would never show this video to anyone thinking about going to college.
 
I am so glad I watched this documentary after college. I would have been depressed out of my mind. I have been out of school for a year and have been licensed since august. I have already paid my debt in such a short time. I don't regret my decision in the least. Of course college is gonna screw some people who were not able to find a job but for those who do they are earning much more money than people who get jobs coming from high school. This video is way to biased on one side. I would never show this video to anyone thinking about going to college.

I would show this vid to my friends not majoring in healthcare or engineering based majors.
 
Largest contributing factors not discussed.

What school?
What degree?

A large portion of schools and degrees grant you nothing.