College for 05/06

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rahulkb32

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a high school student and was planning to go to either:

G.M.C- Government Medical College of Amritsar
or
D.M.C- Dayanand Medical College of Ludhiana

I am still undecided but am pretty sure I will go to either one of these, if possible please give suggestions on which one you prefer.

Another question I have is what are the criteria to get into medical college (grades, Activates, AP Classes, ACT, etc.) I know they require Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Recently I heard English is also important. After looking at another thread I read other people have 95 / 90% what does that mean? My grades are written on a transcript as Bio: A-, B/ Chem.: A/ A/ Phy: B/ B+. I also took Adv. Topic in Science, and one semester of A.P. Biology in which I unfortunately got a C+ and was dropped (DAWM IT!)

-Do these grades look ok; to get into a decent medical school in India any response would be greatly appreciated.

Last question I have is about the merit, when you guys entered colleges in India how were you ranked based on what, and how do they calculate that?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

DMC is a great college.....it is well known in north india....as is the dayanand hospital....ludhiana as a city --is growing at an exponential rate.....i lived there from 5th-11th grade!! i think its better than amritsar...Sorry can't say much abt DMC...i was thinking abt pursuing the engineering stream there..so didn't look into med schools....as for admissions criterea...grades is really the only thing important in india...some seats are reserved for athletes...but you must be an athlete of high caliber to get that....
I am not sure how they evaluate US grades...ask someone who is studying med in india...chk some of the other threads in this forum...and G'Luck