College graduate --> PT School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a recent August 2008 natural science graduate who made the mistake of working 25-30 hours per week throughout her entire undergraduate experience, in addition to other consumptions, such as maintaining a distance relationship.

As a consequence, my overall GPA is a 3.4, and my prerequisite GPA is barely a 3.0. However, I graduated high school with a 4.0, as I did not work an hour throughout that experience. I know I'm an intelligent person and can accomplish anything I set my mind to, in addition to being dedicated, too dedicated... to the point where I felt the need to support myself financially to reduce loan debt.

My concern is, how do I ensure that I will get into a PT school? I already have the 2008-2009 year "off", and I want to know how to fill it up wisely to better my chances of becoming accepted for 2009-2010.

This is, without a doubt, the road that I want to take and will ensure that I complete it successfully(without working). Getting in is just in someone else's hands with my mediocre transcripts...
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

volunteer + good standardized testing score + good letters of recommendation and statement of motivation....
I wouldn't say those are terrible 'scores' - and everyone has reason's why they could/should have done better. I'd focus on these non-gpa related admission requirements... volunteer at multiple places in multiple PT capacities.... get to know those DPTs and eventually get LORs stating how stellar you are.