Colleges attended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SU_PREMED_1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I was curious the other day and just wanted to ask a couple questions.
1. How do medical schools know what colleges you attended? Do they do a search, or will you tell them on the application??
2. Is calculus still required for Medical school??

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools require transcripts from every college attended

Members don't see this ad :)
For DO, you submit transcripts from all institutions you attended through AACOMAS. If you list a class as one you have taken they will verify that you have an official transcript record of that class. If you do not, they will not accept that you have taken the class. If you transfer classes from one institution to another (say community college classes to four year university), those classes will show up as transferred on your official four year university transcript which must account for all credit requirements. Therefore if you left out the community college transcript someone might notice and ask for it for further verification.

A calculus requirement varies on a school-by-school basis.

The reason I was asking is because I took calculus at another institution but I withdrew due to me not needing it for my major anymore... But I don't see a point of including that on my app. What do you guys think?

I understand what you are saying of including everything in the app because if not than that is a integrity issue which I don't want

Don't ever lie about your coursework to a school. If their admissions office doesn't catch you in their background check, their financial aid office will. There is a national database that has student enrollment info from every postsecondary institution, similar to a credit bureau. It was originally set up to keep track of financial aid eligibility for schools and the feds, but employers also use it to verify degrees and school attendance. BTW I don't think anyone will care about your W for calculus.

Reactions: 1 user
They'll know which colleges you attended as you'll list them on your application. Failing to do so and them finding out about it will be an automatic rejection, guaranteed. Some colleges (U of Wash for example), do require Calculus, but *most* state schools do not. Always check around!