color blindness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycho-matic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will being moderately red-green color deficient affect one's ability to enter radiology?

Members don't see this ad.

Will being moderately red-green color deficient affect one's ability to enter radiology?
Well, you might have some issues dealing with PET scans and color doppler ultrasound. But as far as I can tell, most imaging in radiology (XRY, MRI, CT) is still black and white.

Radiology is becoming such a specialized field now (especially with the recent changes in board certification) that you'll certainly find your niche where you feel the most comfortable and productive.

I know an excellent radiologist who is color blind. He does however have problems w/ color dopplers or color maps (in breast MR for example) but other than that, no problem. You will find your niche and you can always change the color maps so you can see them.

I know an excellent radiologist who is color blind. He does however have problems w/ color dopplers or color maps (in breast MR for example) but other than that, no problem. You will find your niche and you can always change the color maps so you can see them.

That's good to know. I could see it being a problem with pathology but that's not an issue as I would be bored out of my mind staring at a microscope all day.