color of highlighting on the real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mytoechondriac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't laugh, but I was wondering if the color of the highlighting on the real MCAT is the same as the one on the practice CBT MCAT... reason being, I'm practicing on paper and I want to use the same color. Can someone let me know if is the same yellow-ish color as on the CBT MCAT? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't laugh, but I was wondering if the color of the highlighting on the real MCAT is the same as the one on the practice CBT MCAT... reason being, I'm practicing on paper and I want to use the same color. Can someone let me know if is the same yellow-ish color as on the CBT MCAT? Thanks.

:laugh::lol:I saw this post, and cracked up laughing, sorry Op. It's yellow.

Thanks. I needed that today. :)

Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
some strange color-blindness disease?

They would still see a color, just not the color that is actually shown; making it a non-issue. Some people worry far too much about things that have little or no effect on how they will perform on the test. I would be worried about time-management, stress-control, and adequate informational knowledge; not about the color of highlighting.

They would still see a color, just not the color that is actually shown; making it a non-issue. Some people worry far too much about things that have little or no effect on how they will perform on the test. I would be worried about time-management, stress-control, and adequate informational knowledge; not about the color of highlighting.

Thanks for the replies

As I said, I wanted to know if the color was the same because I am taking paper versions of the practice tests. I wanted to simulate the MCAT experience as much as possible.... is this going overboard? Not from my perspective. I am the same person who:

1) called the MCAT people to see if it was ok to go into the test w/o makeup on(because I took my driver's license picture w/makeup, and I was worried I would look different and would be denied entry if they couldn't make a "positive identification"). For girls who have similiar concerns(although there probably aren't any as paranoid as me) their recommendation is to go ahead and wear the makeup, if you think you look different from your picture.

2) called the MCAT people to see if I could buy their "noise reduction" headsets from them(answer: no, you cannot, and they don't know where Prometric gets them either)

I have many other paranoia issues relating to the MCAT which I won't go further into.... but I don't think asking about the coloring of the highlighting was too extreme, at least for me.

Anyway, good luck everyone and thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies

As I said, I wanted to know if the color was the same because I am taking paper versions of the practice tests. I wanted to simulate the MCAT experience as much as possible.... is this going overboard? Not from my perspective. I am the same person who:

1) called the MCAT people to see if it was ok to go into the test w/o makeup on(because I took my driver's license picture w/makeup, and I was worried I would look different and would be denied entry if they couldn't make a "positive identification"). For girls who have similiar concerns(although there probably aren't any as paranoid as me) their recommendation is to go ahead and wear the makeup, if you think you look different from your picture.

2) called the MCAT people to see if I could buy their "noise reduction" headsets from them(answer: no, you cannot, and they don't know where Prometric gets them either)

I have many other paranoia issues relating to the MCAT which I won't go further into.... but I don't think asking about the coloring of the highlighting was too extreme, at least for me.

So what if something unexpected does happen? Are you going to lose your focus and do terrible on the test as a result? I'm just curious.

Thanks for the replies

No Problem OP.

SDN is a great place to be neurotic. feel free to be paranoid all you want. And when you score a 30+ be sure to post here.

Thanks for the replies
1) called the MCAT people to see if it was ok to go into the test w/o makeup on(because I took my driver's license picture w/makeup, and I was worried I would look different and would be denied entry if they couldn't make a "positive identification").

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: the guy in the office next to me probably thinks I'm crazy cause I'm cracking up right now.

This is what the mcat reduces people to.