Colorado (IS) vs. Iowa (OOS) vs. Minnesota (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VKMLOrtho

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've narrowed down my decision to these three (Colorado, Iowa, & Minnesota), but looking for any meaningful advice, input, and/or experiences that may aid in my decision making process. For the record, I'm IS at Colorado and obviously OOS at Iowa and Minnesota.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Colorado and Minnesota and would definitely say Colorado is the better of the two.

-It has a smaller class size
-the school has a better layout
-Denver has a better variety of things to do than Minneapolis
-Colorado has the ACTs program that allows you to rotate through external dental clinics so you can do more dentistry in a day than you can in several days at the school

Most importantly, minnesota is nearly twice as expensive for you to attend lol

I interviewed at Colorado and Minnesota and would definitely say Colorado is the better of the two.

-It has a smaller class size
-the school has a better layout
-Denver has a better variety of things to do than Minneapolis
-Colorado has the ACTs program that allows you to rotate through external dental clinics so you can do more dentistry in a day than you can in several days at the school

Most importantly, minnesota is nearly twice as expensive for you to attend lol

Ha! Definitely agree on the expense argument! I must say, my current order is Iowa > Colorado > Minnesota, with Minnesota at a pretty distant 3rd given absurd cost. To provide a little context, I'm originally from Iowa but moved to Colorado for school and have lived here since. Both my parents and brothers also went to Iowa and still live in the state.

Ha! Definitely agree on the expense argument! I must say, my current order is Iowa > Colorado > Minnesota, with Minnesota at a pretty distant 3rd given absurd cost. To provide a little context, I'm originally from Iowa but moved to Colorado for school and have lived here since. Both my parents and brothers also went to Iowa and still live in the state.
Ah, so you gave up your Iowa residency to become a Colorado resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, so you gave up your Iowa residency to become a Colorado resident?

Yep. I'm a non-traditional applicant that worked in finance/accounting for a few years before circling back to take my prerequisites and applying.