Colorado or Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bretski1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michigan or Colorado, which would you choose? I'm not a resident of either state.

Members don't see this ad.

I only interviewed at michigan, I know nothing about colorado. But I believe michigan is a great place if your someone interested in doing research and maybe one day following you dental degree with a PhD. If research + PhD is your goal, you have to pick michigan, simple as that.

I have to warn you tho, michigan out-of-state tuition puts people in shock lol and to make things worse, michigan is one of those states where, even if you change your residency to michigan resident, the school will still charge you out-of-state tuition for the entirety of the 4 years

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you change your resisdency in Colorado, they will still charge you out of state for the remainder of dental school, as well:(

Are you interested in specializing after dental school? If so, which program? Where are you living right now?

I'm not sure if I do want to specialize FOR SURE; but it's very appealing to me. I'm an Alaska resident right now but I was too late to qualify for the WICHE.