Colorado Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mac17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the email from Regis today saying they are sending out emails for interview invites next week! I'm so excited! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the email from Regis today saying they are sending out emails for interview invites next week! I'm so excited! Fingers crossed!

Yay!!! Someone finally started a thread for Colorado! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Same interview invite timeline distribution for CU Denver for those who are interested.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you inquire or did they send out an update? I applied but did not receive anything as of yet.

Did you inquire or did they send out an update? I applied but did not receive anything as of yet.

I got an email from them yesterday. Maybe check your spam folder? Sometimes their emails end up in my spam.

I got an email from them yesterday. Maybe check your spam folder? Sometimes their emails end up in my spam.
They sent out kind of an "information" email introducing some of the professors and at the bottom it said "p.s interview decisions will hopefully be mad early next week" or something of that nature.

They sent out kind of an "information" email introducing some of the professors and at the bottom it said "p.s interview decisions will hopefully be mad early next week" or something of that nature.
No email for me either.

Just got invited to an interview at CU by email!!

Ditto, got an interview to CU as well ⚫️

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an interview invite for University of Colorado!!!! :soexcited:

Congrats to the rest of you who heard back as well- maybe see you there :)

Reactions: 1 users
WOOOOO MEE TOOOOO!!!!! If anyone is flying in to CO and wanting a free place to stay - my home is available! I live in Boulder which is about 20 minutes away from Denver :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your stats for those of you who got an interview for CU if you don't mind me asking? :)

What are your stats for those of you who got an interview for CU if you don't mind me asking? :)

I haven't posted my stats anywhere yet, but here's the basics...

Undergrad: CU BOULDER
Major: Integrative Physiology
GPA:
Prereq-GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)
GRE: 152V, 155Q, 4.5W
Observation Hours: 25 neuro/inpatient, 15 hospital/acute, 950 ortho outpatient
Extras: Anatomy TA, cadaver lab TA, neuroscience and calculus tutor, service trips to Thailand, middle school youth group leader, two years experience in neuroscience research labs running fMRI studies, crisis text line volunteer

Hope that helps!

I haven't posted my stats anywhere yet, but here's the basics...

Undergrad: CU BOULDER
Major: Integrative Physiology
GPA:
Prereq-GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)
GRE: 152V, 155Q, 4.5W
Observation Hours: 25 neuro/inpatient, 15 hospital/acute, 950 ortho outpatient
Extras: Anatomy TA, cadaver lab TA, neuroscience and calculus tutor, service trips to Thailand, middle school youth group leader, two years experience in neuroscience research labs running fMRI studies, crisis text line volunteer

Hope that helps!

Your stats are absolutely amazing. You definitely deserve a spot in CU Denver's class! Good work.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats are absolutely amazing. You definitely deserve a spot in CU Denver's class! Good work.

That's very kind of you!! I've been in CO my whole life and don't get me wrong, their program is amazing!! I received an acceptance from northwestern too, but don't know if I can handle the bitter winters! I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM DUKE :(:(

@Koala327

Oh my gosh me too! I can't even believe you weren't invited for that informational session at Duke! You have pretty much everything I would think a pt school is looking for. I am a little nervous about getting into this cycle. My stats aren't super stellar:

Major: Biomedical sciences at Colorado State University

cGPA: 3.29

pGPA: 3.20

GRE: V150, Q147, W5.0

Hours: 500+ outpatient, 16 inpatient, 50+ volunteering, Worked as an anatomy TA, cadaver lab TA, physical therapy aide for 2 years among other things

Not very impressive numbers but I have so much experience. I'm hoping CO schools maybe consider these hours!

@Koala327

Oh my gosh me too! I can't even believe you weren't invited for that informational session at Duke! You have pretty much everything I would think a pt school is looking for. I am a little nervous about getting into this cycle. My stats aren't super stellar:

Major: Biomedical sciences at Colorado State University

cGPA: 3.29

pGPA: 3.20

GRE: V150, Q147, W5.0

Hours: 500+ outpatient, 16 inpatient, 50+ volunteering, Worked as an anatomy TA, cadaver lab TA, physical therapy aide for 2 years among other things

Not very impressive numbers but I have so much experience. I'm hoping CO schools maybe consider these hours!

Hey a fellow Coloradan!! At this point I have no idea what schools are really looking at and I think it's an impossible game to win trying to get in the admission committees heads :) Where else have you applied??

Hey a fellow Coloradan!! At this point I have no idea what schools are really looking at and I think it's an impossible game to win trying to get in the admission committees heads :) Where else have you applied??

Haha yeah it's a difficult thing to decipher. I applied all over, 13 schools in total!

Applied: Creighton, NSU, CU Denver, Regis, WCU, Touro, UW, EWU, Pacific University, UNE, Duke, and Franklin Pierce University

Rejected: WCU and Touro

Waitlisted: Creighton

Accepted/Interviewed: none yet

Mine:
Applying as an out of state resident
Overall GPA: 3.6 (Undergrad: 3.4, Last 60/Post bacc: 4.0)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 169, 169, 4.5

Hours: 373 total- 150 outpatient (2 clinics), 140 SNF, 68 Acute Peds, 15 Acute Hospital

Extras: Nontrad, 5 years working in research and administration for nonprofits/tech start-ups focusing on disadvantaged populations (kids w cancer, folks experiencing homelessness, etc), academic tutor, Gen Chem 2 TA/grader, lots of activity and leadership in outdoors club in college

Haha yeah it's a difficult thing to decipher. I applied all over, 13 schools in total!

Applied: Creighton, NSU, CU Denver, Regis, WCU, Touro, UW, EWU, Pacific University, UNE, Duke, and Franklin Pierce University

Rejected: WCU and Touro

Waitlisted: Creighton

Accepted/Interviewed: none yet

When did you hear from Creighton? I applied back in October and haven't heard a thing from them except for information to access my student portal.

When did you hear from Creighton? I applied back in October and haven't heard a thing from them except for information to access my student portal.

I got a letter from them about two weeks ago!

Thanks for the info @Mac17. Still anxiously waiting to hear from Regis this week! Hopefully it's sooner than later.

Thanks for the info @Mac17. Still anxiously waiting to hear from Regis this week! Hopefully it's sooner than later.

You're welcome! I know, it sucks waiting to hear back! Hopefully they send them out soon!

Dang... just got the rejection from CU Denver. Hoping for better luck from Regis!! Fingers crossed!!

Same here. They said they would be sending out more information emails and then interviews but how many information emails between th all who knows. Fingers crossed it's later this week or early next week!

Anyone have any insight as to what the interview is like? The email says faculty interview but their website says small group interview with faculty. Not sure what to take from that. Any input would be great!

WOOOOO MEE TOOOOO!!!!! If anyone is flying in to CO and wanting a free place to stay - my home is available! I live in Boulder which is about 20 minutes away from Denver :)

To those invited to CU Denver interviews: me too! Hooray! But I'm super nervous. I filled out the survey they sent out but I haven't received any confirmation email or anything. Does anyone know their interview specifics yet, or are we all waiting in limbo until after the holidays?

That's very kind of you!! I've been in CO my whole life and don't get me wrong, their program is amazing!! I received an acceptance from northwestern too, but don't know if I can handle the bitter winters! I JUST WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM DUKE :(:(

Also anxiously waiting on Duke's decision!!

Applying from out of state
Undergrad: UT Chattanooga
Major: B.S. Biology and B.A. French
GPA: 3.77
Prereq-GPA: 3.88 (PTCAS)
GRE: 161V, 159Q, 4.0W
Observation Hours: 20 neuro/inpatient, 16 peds, 20 SNF, 66 ortho/outpatient, 650 pelvic health, + more post PTCAS submit

Extras: Nontrad 3 years out, French club in undergrad, Climbing team member and leader in undergrad, volunteer work in the Ultimate Frisbee community post grad, worked in clinical research in Nephrology at Vanderbilt for 1.5 years, PT tech at Pelvic Health Specialty Outpatient clinic since June 1, now PT tech at Orthopedic Outpatient clinic

Interviews: CU Denver, Regis
Waitlisted: Belmont
Accepted: UTHSC- in Memphis, TN
Still waiting: Duke
Rejections: none yet

Applying from out of state
Undergrad: UT Chattanooga
Major: B.S. Biology and B.A. French
GPA: 3.77
Prereq-GPA: 3.88 (PTCAS)
GRE: 161V, 159Q, 4.0W
Observation Hours: 20 neuro/inpatient, 16 peds, 20 SNF, 66 ortho/outpatient, 650 pelvic health, + more post PTCAS submit

Extras: Nontrad 3 years out, French club in undergrad, Climbing team member and leader in undergrad, volunteer work in the Ultimate Frisbee community post grad, worked in clinical research in Nephrology at Vanderbilt for 1.5 years, PT tech at Pelvic Health Specialty Outpatient clinic since June 1, now PT tech at Orthopedic Outpatient clinic

Interviews: CU Denver, Regis
Waitlisted: Belmont
Accepted: UTHSC- in Memphis, TN
Still waiting: Duke
Rejections: none yet
I heard back from Duke in December 13th! I'm putting in my deposit there but I'm still going to go to the Denver interview!

What interview group (A,B,C or D) is everyone in and on which day for CU Denver?? I'm in group C on the 28th!

Is anyone attending the open house on Friday night for CU? I'm going skiing that day and want to make it for part of it, but I would be coming in ski gear What does everyone think???

Just got my acceptance to U of Colorado!!

Will you be attending @runnerfish ?! Also, do you know if they will be making a FB group?? AND CONGRATS!
Thanks you too!!! I'm like 99% sure I am. I have a deposit down at MGH (their deadline was a few weeks ago and I love their program), wanted to make sure I got a spot. I'm gonna take the next week or so to think about it and talk to some folks but I've pretty much had CU as my number one choice throughout this process.

As for the FB group I haven't heard anything but I'm sure they will.

Anyone else get into CU Denver or Regis?? I got into both and am trying to decide but leaning towards CU Denver! Like @runnerfish, I also have a deposit down at MGH but will be declining that once I make a decision! Eeeek so excited!

I don't know if or when they are creating a FB group or anything like that, but I have started to look at places in and around Aurora and would love to have roommates to offset the cost of living! If anyone is going to CU Denver and is interested, let me know!