Colorado Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still waiting on a response from CU Denver? I got into Regis, but waiting on CU is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else still waiting on a response from CU Denver? I got into Regis, but waiting on CU is killing me!

The first deposit deadline is this Friday the 17th. I'm sure after that they will send out the next round of acceptances in order to fill their class. Good luck!!

The first deposit deadline is this Friday the 17th. I'm sure after that they will send out the next round of acceptances in order to fill their class. Good luck!!
Ooh, good to know! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)

Same boat....just waiting. I got into Regis and Duke, but Denver is my #1 and the other schools just don't feel the same.

Also, I live in Tennessee, I'm worried about leaving my job and moving out there on such a tight deadline. :(

Same boat....just waiting. I got into Regis and Duke, but Denver is my #1 and the other schools just don't feel the same.

Also, I live in Tennessee, I'm worried about leaving my job and moving out there on such a tight deadline. :(

Have you heard anything? I got a waitlist offer today.

Have you heard anything? I got a waitlist offer today.
@mfairchild3 Did you hear anything?
@astarblaze: I got a waitlist offer yesterday too. I'm super bummed since I really had my heart set on CU. I've already got a deposit down at another school, but if I get an offer from CU I'll most likely take it. I just don't know how long I can reasonably wait to make a change given the move and everything that goes along with it.

@mfairchild3 Did you hear anything?
@astarblaze: I got a waitlist offer yesterday too. I'm super bummed since I really had my heart set on CU. I've already got a deposit down at another school, but if I get an offer from CU I'll most likely take it. I just don't know how long I can reasonably wait to make a change given the move and everything that goes along with it.

I got a denial email. Yesterday was pretty rough for me. I've been trying to move to Denver for 3 years now and it was my dream school.

But... I did get into Duke. I think I would rather go to Duke this year than wait and reapply just to maybe get in next year. I've been out of undergrad for a few years now and I just don't think that my application can improve all that much. What are your plans?

I got a denial email. Yesterday was pretty rough for me. I've been trying to move to Denver for 3 years now and it was my dream school.

But... I did get into Duke. I think I would rather go to Duke this year than wait and reapply just to maybe get in next year. I've been out of undergrad for a few years now and I just don't think that my application can improve all that much. What are your plans?

@mfairchild3 I'm so sorry to hear that. :( But congratulations on Duke - that's awesome! They have a really great program, and they'd be lucky to have you! I think you said you got into Regis too. Are you considering going there?

I got in at Regis as well, but I'm probably going to decline (gotta decide now, I guess!). I put down a deposit at Emory, but I'm torn for the same reason you are - I really love Denver, and I have family and friends there, so making the move would be a lot easier than going to Atlanta. Waiting a year could be an option for me too, but I'd really prefer not to go through the whole application process again. It's just exhausting...

@mfairchild3 I'm so sorry to hear that. :( But congratulations on Duke - that's awesome! They have a really great program, and they'd be lucky to have you! I think you said you got into Regis too. Are you considering going there?

I got in at Regis as well, but I'm probably going to decline (gotta decide quick!). I put down a deposit at Emory, but I'm torn for the same reason you are - I really love Denver, and I have family and friends there, so making the move would be a lot easier than going to Atlanta. Waiting a year could be an option for me too, but I'd really prefer not to go through the whole application process again. It's just exhausting...

@arfinog
I declined at Regis and I withdrew from Belmont's waitlist. I just didn't love the programs for 3 years of my life and a big chunk of change. Good luck with your decision! Emory is a fantastic school- frankly, the only reason I didn't apply was because I didn't want to write their essays. Writing was the worst part of the application for me, so I really don't want to go through all of that again.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
BUMP!!!

I am (almost positive) that I will be living in 21 Fitzsimmons next year! I know it is a little pricier than surrounding areas, but I wanted to be close to campus while I get my bearings of the area and at least be comfortable as I know that the first year will have a lot of adjustments. I am looking for a roommate! The apartment I have my eyes on is a South facing apartment (so it will get lots of sun!) on the 4th floor. We would have separate bathrooms and rooms. Hardwood flooring. Balcony. Pet friendly. You can look up the apartment complex for all other amenities. The rent would be around $825 each plus around $50-$75 in utilities. If you are interested PLEASE message me! I don't want prices going up too much!! :)