Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadiemac19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Univ of Colorado? What is its reputation?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in december, mostly because of location. Their website wasn't helpful and needs major work, but I was surprised to be impressed with the program. There seems to be a great deal of change in the dept right now, new PD as of october. The residents were really friendly and laid back. The first year seems busier than other places I interviewed at. I liked the program and the location so much that I'm ranking it #1.

Very impressed with the program and restructuring of administration. Very well supported by the upper ranks of the entire university. The president or equivalent of the university is a Psychiatrist. Univ Colorado is notorious for a first year that is strong if not arduous in medicine and the distances between sites are wearisome. If you can handle that, then its a fine place to train and a great city to live.

Graduates of the program are also regarded as fine Psychiatrists elsewhere without much hesitation because of that.