Colourful specks on Volk 2.2 Lens

Started by genteal
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

genteal

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got a new Volk 2.2 Lens and when I hold it up to the light I notice lots of short, fine colourful lines all over the lens.

They are not on either the back or front surface, but within the lens itself.

Is this normal?
 
This doesn't sound normal. Sometimes dust on the surface looks like lines under magnification, but if you cleaned both sides it sounds like a defect. I would contact the manufacturer to have them look at it. They should be covered under warranty if it is a new lens. All the Volk lenses I have are clear and don't have the lines you mentioned.
 
Wipe your mouth after eating Froot Loops for breakfast!

But seriously, check it with another light source to be certain you're not seeing the filament of the bulb doing weird things thru the lens.

Try setting in on white paper outside and look for flaws.
I'm sure Volk will exchange it for even the slighted flaw.