Columbia Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zeke1996

Reaction score
To those of you who interviewed on 11/2/18, have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
heard back today with an acceptance!
congrats!! thats awesome. I'm not sure if you know the answer, but do they send out all of the acceptances on Monday? I haven't heard back yet, so I'm getting worried!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! thats awesome. I'm not sure if you know the answer, but do they send out all of the acceptances on Monday? I haven't heard back yet, so I'm getting worried!
thanks so much! Im really not sure, but I doubt they would send all the acceptances out at once, especially in such a short time from the interview. They are probably still making decisions and maybe more will be sent out during the week in waves! Don't loose hope and good luck! :)

Hey also heard back on Monday with an acceptance BUT it says on their website you can find out a week from interview so yours is coming hopefully just wait on it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey how many people were there when they interviewed you guys? I have an interview with them next week.

Hey how many people were there when they interviewed you guys? I have an interview with them next week.
There were 49 of us that interviewed on 11/2/18. I heard back yesterday with an acceptance! Will definitely be attending! Good luck with your interview! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else heard back since the interview that was held on 11/2?

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/2 or this past weekend hear any news?

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/2 or this past weekend hear any news?
I interviewed 11/2 and still have not heard anything! I thought at the interview they said we would hear within a week?

I thought so, I’m getting a little worried as Columbia is my first choice. Hoping for something soon!

I thought so, I’m getting a little worried as Columbia is my first choice. Hoping for something soon!
Same with me! I’m getting really anxious about it. Let me know if you hear something!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you all send in your applications? And when you sent in your application, did Columbia directly send you an email verification that your application has been received?

I sent mine in on the 3rd week of September and I have yet to hear back.

It's nerve-wracking since Columbia is my first choice school as well.

Well I have an interview this Friday, they are probably waiting to do this round of interviews before they respond to the people who are still waiting.

Do you think it would hurt to try emailing them about decisions? Just don’t want to bother them since it’s busy this time around

Anybody hear anything this week from Columbia?
I had my interview yesterday. They said we will most likely hear back within a week but we will definitely hear something by January (accepted, rejected or waitlisted). After that, they have rolling admission for those who are waitlisted. At least thats what I got from it.

Hey guys, I just got the email that I have been accepted into the program!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 11/2 and I'm getting nervous because I know that they've already sent out acceptance letters. Any updates from anyone?

Have you submitted your deposit yet? I submitted mines almost 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard back if they received it or not.
I am going to be submitting mine this week. If you are concerned they did not receive it, then I would email Cynthia Worthington

I am going to be submitting mine this week. If you are concerned they did not receive it, then I would email Cynthia Worthington
I emailed her but did not receive a response. :( I’ll call her later this week.

Have you submitted your deposit yet? I submitted mines almost 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard back if they received it or not.
yes i did! I sent mine about 3 weeks ago as well, I emailed the admissions coordinator to see if they received it and she said I would have to call them and verify with another person because she is on leave right now and cannot check in person!

Hey guys! I have my interview with them on 12/14. Does anyone have advice on what to expect or possible questions that they asked? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hey guys! I have my interview with them on 12/14. Does anyone have advice on what to expect or possible questions that they asked? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Question 1: Why do you want to be a physical therapist?

I’m interviewing 12/14 as well. I am a little worried since my original date was 11/15, but my flight was cancelled. Do you think it will hurt my admissions chances?

I’m interviewing 12/14 as well. I am a little worried since my original date was 11/15, but my flight was cancelled. Do you think it will hurt my admissions chances?
I doubt it! I wouldn't worry about it too much, there is nothing you could have done.

Anyone who interviewed on the 14th hear back yet?

Had mine on 12/14 too and haven’t heard back yet. Just gotta wait and see

I interviewed on 11/2 and heard back on 11/5. I heard it varies from a few days (what one of the current students told me/my personal experience) to 2 weeks but not sure how accurate that is.

Just got my acceptance email from the 12/14 interview date!

Just got my acceptance email from the 12/14 interview date!
Congrats!! Still heard nothing yet, and judging by others posts it seems if you don't hear anything the Monday after its not a good sign.

Congrats!! Still heard nothing yet, and judging by others posts it seems if you don't hear anything the Monday after its not a good sign.
Thank you! That’s what I was thinking yesterday too, but I heard back today, not Monday so I wouldn’t lose hope. Not everyone uses this site either.

Thank you! That’s what I was thinking yesterday too, but I heard back today, not Monday so I wouldn’t lose hope. Not everyone uses this site either.
Got put on the "alternate" wait list.

I was also placed on the alternate list, I interviewed on 11/2
Yeah it was a huge bummer, because I feel like that is just as good as a rejection at a school of this stature.

So I received both an acceptance email and an email placing me on the “alternate” list today. The acceptance came first

Yeah it was a huge bummer, because I feel like that is just as good as a rejection at a school of this stature.
Naw don’t lose hope, I know someone there who was waitlisted and got in. I also know a few people who were on USCs waitlist and got in. So it’s definitely possible

12/14 interview and haven't heard back yet, hopefully they're still sending out acceptances :bang:

any Columbia waitlisters hear anything back yet?

Has anyone who was on the alternate list been accepted yet? I am on the list and just curious if there has been any movement?

Has anyone who was on the alternate list been accepted yet? I am on the list and just curious if there has been any movement?
nothing yet. not giving up hope though

Did you end up receiving confirmation that they received your deposit? I submitted mine in the beginning of December and I've emailed Cynthia Worthington for confirmation but haven't heard anything. Thanks!

I've just been put on the alternative list for Columbia, but was never invited to interview... is that normal?