columbia appl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entranced

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, how did you guys know when ure application was complete at columbia? as far as i know, there isnt a way to check on the appl website about completion status? does columbia send u an email when they have everything they need? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone, how did you guys know when ure application was complete at columbia? as far as i know, there isnt a way to check on the appl website about completion status? does columbia send u an email when they have everything they need? thanks!

No, they don't have a status website or anything... They send an e-mail once you're app is complete or if they find out that you're missing something. However, it can take a while to get this e-mail.

hey lovelyMD, do u by any chance remember what the delay was from when u submitted your application (with the picture and stuff) to when u got that complete email? sorry, im just trying to get a ballpark feel of when i might be hearing back from columbia...thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
They're really bad about emailing on their own- I submitted on 07/09 and never heard anything from them, so I actually emailed them yesterday, asking if there was anything missing because I hadn't heard from them in oh...two months. I got a reply within a couple of hours saying I was complete. If you have any doubts, I'd say just shoot them an email.

hey lovelyMD, do u by any chance remember what the delay was from when u submitted your application (with the picture and stuff) to when u got that complete email? sorry, im just trying to get a ballpark feel of when i might be hearing back from columbia...thanks!

I submitted my secondary on 8/28 (LORs were in before then), and I was marked as complete on 9/17. I actually called them on 9/14 to find out if I was complete and they said they are going in order of when your secondary was submitted. If it has been a long time since you submitted your secondary, perhaps you should give them a call.

Agreed.. I submitted everything for Columbia in early August (around the 5th)? including the photo form, etc... I called them a month later to ask if they had received the form, and they said yes, and we'll contact you when things are updated. I was finally sent a completion e-mail on 9/27 saying my application was now ready for review. Almost 2 months! :(

Why are some places so delayed??? I really hope this doesn't affect our chances of admission (b/c of interview lateness, seats filling up etc).

Columbia doesn't have rolling admissions, so delayed completion doesn't affect your chances of admission. I actually forgot to send the photo until they reminded me, so I wasn't complete until the end of September (even though the rest of my secondary was in around early July). Still got in.

Good luck to those waiting to hear.

just a general ?, are my chances really low if i submitted my application on last thurs and sent in the photo thing on the 29th of sept. i know that columbia isnt rolling, but arent interviews offered on a rolling basis somewhat?