Columbia Class of 2007(ish)

Started by TheSecret
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheSecret

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen a bunch of Columbia folks floating around, but couldn't find a thread for all the incoming people for this fall. I figured I'd make my first SDN post starting a thread...I almost made it an OFFICIAL: post, but I thought that might be a big forum faux-pas. I apologize if I'm breaking any conventions...

So I'm starting the program this fall after spending 5 years as a software developer and then 2 years teaching high school math. Finishing my thesis for my Master's in Math Education as we speak (due Wednesday...AAAHH!), and then I'm going to tackle the much more daunting task of finding a place to live in Manhattan... :scared: I scheduled my PPS for June 13th, so hopefully I'll be able to register soon and gear up for my new life...

So who's with me?!
 
TheSecret said:
I've seen a bunch of Columbia folks floating around, but couldn't find a thread for all the incoming people for this fall. I figured I'd make my first SDN post starting a thread...I almost made it an OFFICIAL: post, but I thought that might be a big forum faux-pas. I apologize if I'm breaking any conventions...

So I'm starting the program this fall after spending 5 years as a software developer and then 2 years teaching high school math. Finishing my thesis for my Master's in Math Education as we speak (due Wednesday...AAAHH!), and then I'm going to tackle the much more daunting task of finding a place to live in Manhattan... :scared: I scheduled my PPS for June 13th, so hopefully I'll be able to register soon and gear up for my new life...

So who's with me?!

I'm not, but I was there! (Heading off to med school this fall; the program does work!) Should you have any questions, PM me.
 
I started the Columbia program January 2004. I will be going full-time in September to do Orgo, Bio, and the labs. I grew up in the City (but live in Westchester now) and I'm really enjoying the program so far. Let's see how it goes this year, this is the one that tends to break people down.

How'd you like teaching? Why'd you decide to give it up to do medicine? I'm still undecided about what I'm doing and sometimes I think of doing science education instead of health care (mostly for lifestyle reasons).

PM me if you have any questions or want to chat.