Method of interview: Virtual

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #6
School: Columbia CDM
Notification Date: 10/12/2022
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application Complete Date: 7/11/2022 (email notifying that application was received)
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17?): 24/24/23/23/No
Interview Date: 12/09/2022
Method of Interview: Virtual

Can someone shed some light on the interview process in general? Is it open-file or closed-file? Is it more conversational or structured? It'll be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a confirmation email from Columbia University on Oct 12, but I didn't respond to it or anything. I was just wondering if I am supposed to respond to accept the invitation?

I received a confirmation email from Columbia University on Oct 12, but I didn't respond to it or anything. I was just wondering if I am supposed to respond to accept the invitation?
Generally, you should confirm the interview date, otherwise, they may assume your silence is that you are withdrawing your application. Usually they will say something along those lines in the email. So to understand what you're saying is, you received an invitation to interview and you didn't respond back to it? Or you were invited and then accepted the invitation, they sent a confirmation of the date, and you are wondering if you should respond to the confirmation email? Could you clarify?

I believe if you showed up to the interview, you implicitly accepted the invitation already lol

Generally, you should confirm the interview date, otherwise, they may assume your silence is that you are withdrawing your application. Usually they will say something along those lines in the email. So to understand what you're saying is, you received an invitation to interview and you didn't respond back to it? Or you were invited and then accepted the invitation, they sent a confirmation of the date, and you are wondering if you should respond to the confirmation email? Could you clarify?
I was invited to interview by email with a date confirmation in it already, and in the email all it said was:

Dear Student,
Congratulations! You have been invited to Interview with the College of Dental Medicine on Friday, December 9, 2022 via Zoom.

The day will begin promptly at 10:00 am EST, followed by interview, introductions and student presentations. Expect to be with us until approximately1:30 pm. If there is any inconvenience please let us know by email...

So, I assumed that it wasn't necessary to respond to this confirmation email if the date is already set by them.

I was invited to interview by email with a date confirmation in it already, and in the email all it said was:

Dear Student,
Congratulations! You have been invited to Interview with the College of Dental Medicine on Friday, December 9, 2022 via Zoom.

The day will begin promptly at 10:00 am EST, followed by interview, introductions and student presentations. Expect to be with us until approximately1:30 pm. If there is any inconvenience please let us know by email...

So, I assumed that it wasn't necessary to respond to this confirmation email if the date is already set by them.
And in that same email, they already sent out the Zoom link and password, as well.

And in that same email, they already sent out the Zoom link and password, as well.
Ah I see, I probably would have sent a confirmation just thanking them and that I will be there. But obviously if you show up you aren’t forfeiting anything. I’m sure you’re fine if they sent the link with it. Good luck!

Ah I see, I probably would have sent a confirmation just thanking them and that I will be there. But obviously if you show up you aren’t forfeiting anything. I’m sure you’re fine if they sent the link with it. Good luck!
Thank you! I sent out an email responding to it yesterday saying that I plan to attend, just in case.

if I remember correctly, it begins with a 1 hr orientation where you get the meet the faculty on the admissions committee. followed by 1 faculty interview (~30 mins) and ended with financial aid presentation and student panel. you will receive multiple confirmation emails with the zoom link near your interview date, dw!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen some posts about sending an email stating we plan to attend, but the email with the interview invite is a "do not reply" email. Where should I send my thanks and state that I intend to attend the interview?

Hi, has anyone received an email yet? Do you know if they will call or email?

Hi, has anyone received an email yet? Do you know if they will call or email?
Not yet. I’m assuming email

anyone got email? I’m freaking out

check your aadsas portal! Mine changed to "offer made!" and I just got the email a second ago!

Reactions: 1 users
I got my acceptance this morning at 9 am! Super Excited

does anyone know about the alternate list work? I was placed as a alternate list.

Does Columbia offer tours of dental school?

Congratulations to everyone on acceptances and sending love and luck for those who haven’t yet heard back! The Columbia 2026 class council + Columbia predental ASDA committee created a Facebook group for 2027 admitted students to help answer your questions and help you connect with each other: join for now and we’ll be posting some more updates soon into the group!
Columbia Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Accepted Students Group | Facebook

if writing a letter of intent, how much does it increase your chances?

if writing a letter of intent, how much does it increase your chances?
I don’t really think it makes as big of an impact as you think it would. You can send one but it most likely won’t affect your admissions chances. You can look in the confidential expert advice forum to see people asking similar questions.

Did anyone receive interview invites recently?

Deposits are not due till 1/15 so probably no wait list movement till after

i haven’t heard anything from them since i first submitted my app. not even “application still in review“ emails… anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance via email this Thursday 1/19! Interviewed 12/16. So I assume some people must have declined after 12/15 acceptances

does anyone know if Columbia accepts letters of interest? I haven't heard back since I first applied and my app just says "under review" on AADSAS
If they do, do they even give out post december interviews?

any waitlist movement?

I would wait until like feb 20th. I just interviewed and they said they currently have acceptances out and those people have till the 20th to place their deposit. They told us we won’t hear till at least then.

I would wait until like feb 20th. I just interviewed and they said they currently have acceptances out and those people have till the 20th to place their deposit. They told us we won’t hear till at least then.
Congrats on interviewing! Did they mention if they are still offering interviews for this cycle?

Congrats on interviewing! Did they mention if they are still offering interviews for this cycle?

I know they have interviews scheduled already through the end of February but I’m not sure If they are sending more after that if I had to guess I would say probably not but you never know!

When do you guys think they will start accepting people off the waitlist?