Columbia College of P&S

Started by bluesteel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluesteel

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any insight on this program? Competitiveness? Malignant?
Quality of teaching? Setting? And what ever else anyone can share. Scutwork was not too helpful.
Thanks...
 
bluesteel said:
Does anyone have any insight on this program? Competitiveness? Malignant?
Quality of teaching? Setting? And what ever else anyone can share. Scutwork was not too helpful.
Thanks...

I had a classmate who loved it when he interviewed there. I got a funny vibe though. I interviewed with the chief resident-the first thing he said to me was "You may have heard that we're a malignant program-but really we're not!". I had 2 other residents make similar comments. It was really forced.

Hmmm.
 
notstudying said:
I had a classmate who loved it when he interviewed there. I got a funny vibe though. I interviewed with the chief resident-the first thing he said to me was "You may have heard that we're a malignant program-but really we're not!". I had 2 other residents make similar comments. It was really forced.

Hmmm.
That reminds me of an interview I had at a law firm when I was an attorney. Direct quote,"We have a reputation for being a sweat shop, I guess that is true, but its a sweat shop in a good way!"

Ed
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys have any idea of what the numbers are like for those getting interviewed/accepted in this program?
 
bluesteel said:
Do you guys have any idea of what the numbers are like for those getting interviewed/accepted in this program?

Chances are you will never get an interview with a played out move like "bluesteel." You're gonna have to pull out "magnum" to have any chance of getting into Columbia.