Columbia decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to their website, the first round of acceptances should be available on February 15th. But, since that's a Sunday, I'm thinking we might get something in the mail today or Monday. Anybody get anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

If you look up the P&S enthusiasts thread, you'll see that a couple of people have called the admissions office regarding decision dates. I think it was confirmed that the decisions would be mailed on or right around the 24th. Good luck.

Originally posted by JulianCrane
According to their website, the first round of acceptances should be available on February 15th. But, since that's a Sunday, I'm thinking we might get something in the mail today or Monday. Anybody get anything yet?

I thought you were already planning to go to Cornell??? Why are you still wondering about other schools? Should we expect an, "Official Columbia Class of 2008 Thread?" Or are you one of those people who just like to collect as many acceptances as possible, so you can post more "official threads?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ZekeMD
I thought you were already planning to go to Cornell??? Why are you still wondering about other schools? Should we expect an, "Official Columbia Class of 2008 Thread?" Or are you one of those people who just like to collect as many acceptances as possible, so you can post more "official threads?"

:laugh: I was just thinking about how many Official XXXX threads Mr. Crane has started. I've seem to lost count.

I was just making a simple inquiry, what's wrong with that?

Since you already seem to know where you're going, I don't see the point in waiting for other schools unless you're just trying to garner as many acceptances as possible.... Gunner extraordinare??? :laugh:

Everyone already knows you're a top candidate (painfully obvious by your official XXXXX threads), so give it a rest and be happy you're going to Cornell and don't worry about the other schools.

Nothing at all Sweetie.
Don't Come Here.

Hope that Helps

P 'Cornell Med Welcoming Committee' ShankOut

Yo, congrats on your fine accomplishments, Julian. But it looks like your achievements are making other SDN'ers, including myself, somewhat jealous, so why dun u keep that in mind and be a bit more sensitive with what you say next time. Aight? Sweet.

Hope you get into Columbia, man. Seriously. ;)

Does anyone know how the P&S scholarship awards work? Do they offer scholarships at the time of admission, or is it after the entire financial aid process? Yes, and I know that I've been posting on the official Jefferson class of 2008 thread; I'm just curious.

Originally posted by Supadupafly
Does anyone know how the P&S scholarship awards work? Do they offer scholarships at the time of admission, or is it after the entire financial aid process?

I didn't even know they offer scholarships. Do you mean full scholarships or simply partial grants?

I'd pay extra to go to P&S :(

Julian, you may not notice, but a lot of people just feel that seeing someone posting dozens of "Official threads for school XXX..." is rather...what's the word...jealousy-inducing?

I think it's better to be sensitive to those who haven't heard back from any of the schools you got acceptances to...just you know, tone it down a little bit.

As for Columbia, I'd love to go there, but none of the other top 10 schools I applied to gave me positive responses...so my hopes are just dropping.

Someone has posted earlier that Columbia may mail out letters at the end instead of middle, of Feb.

Alright guys, I'm sorry if I caused any hurt feelings or emotions. I just asking a question about dates, that all. I wish everyone good luck in this stressful process and hope no one has any hard feelings. :)

Alright guys, I'm sorry if I caused any hurt feelings or emotions. I just asking a question about dates, that all. I wish everyone good luck in this stressful process and hope no one has any hard feelings. :)

No hard feelings Julian, I just think everyone was a bit annoyed by all the official posts. Good luck to you too, have fun at Cornell.

Originally posted by acab
I didn't even know they offer scholarships. Do you mean full scholarships or simply partial grants?

I've never heard of this either. Are you talking about merit scholarships?

I mean scholarships. They must give some out, as the USNews page says that quite a few students recieve scholarships. Merit, URM, need based, anything; I'm just interested.

Originally posted by Supadupafly
I mean scholarships. They must give some out, as the USNews page says that quite a few students recieve scholarships. Merit, URM, need based, anything; I'm just interested.

They are all need-based scholarships.