Columbia Housing, where should I live??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HollaBack

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any information would be very helpful. I'll be a first year next year and trying to decide between the towers, Georgian, dorms, etc. on the housing application. Do any first years stay in the towers? Where are most of the first years at?? I am from San Diego and would definitely like to live somewhere hwere I can meet the most people and get adjusted asap. Even deciding between the 2, 3 or 4 bedroom suites is confusing. Pros/cons, etc. Any information would help, Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

HollaBack said:
Any information would be very helpful. I'll be a first year next year and trying to decide between the towers, Georgian, dorms, etc. on the housing application. Do any first years stay in the towers? Where are most of the first years at?? I am from San Diego and would definitely like to live somewhere hwere I can meet the most people and get adjusted asap. Even deciding between the 2, 3 or 4 bedroom suites is confusing. Pros/cons, etc. Any information would help, Thanks.

The towers are the nicest... if you can find a room. Usually, if one roommate is leaving, the other resident(s) is responsible for finding a roommate. That is how 1st years can get into towers. Georgian is OK, and literally across the street from school. Stay away from Bard if possible... community bathrooms, dark, jail cell rooms... depressing as ****. That is where most 1st years will be though...

Wah said:
The towers are the nicest... if you can find a room. Usually, if one roommate is leaving, the other resident(s) is responsible for finding a roommate. That is how 1st years can get into towers. Georgian is OK, and literally across the street from school. Stay away from Bard if possible... community bathrooms, dark, jail cell rooms... depressing as ****. That is where most 1st years will be though...

Thanks for the information. Which should I rank 3rd behind the Towers and Georgian?? There are two on Haven Avenue, but I don't hear anything about them?? Do D students live there as well on campus?? I feel like if I put the dorms third I will probably be stuck there??