Columbia, Kaplan, Princeton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

verbatim

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

I am about to start my preparation for the April 2001 MCAT but I haven't made a choice if I should take a test prep class. I have heard a lot of good things about the Princeton Review and some about the Kaplan, but I am not sure if these courses would be worth the money and the time spent. I have taken Kaplan for ACT/SAT preps and found that
these courses were somewhat helpful but I also felt that the hours were inconvenient since I was attending school at the same time . I did notice some improvement in my course but did this improvement come from strategies and information I was learning through Kaplan or from practicing many exams? I don't know. Columbia Review offers an alternative way of preparing for the exam by allowing the student to have access to many practice exams, problem sets, etc.. Has anyone tried this review and felt it was helpful? Or has anyone taken Kaplan or Princeton and felt the review was extremely helpful?

Members don't see this ad.