Columbia News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcham

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any news from Columbia? What date are theysupposed to let us know by, and will it be by email or snailmail? I'm freaking out having to wait so long.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember the admissions staff saying something about decisions being made in February. I'm guessing it'll be towards the end of February though.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you kidding me? They definitely had said last week in February. grr.

It seems like the applicant pool this year is larger compared to recent history. Every place I've interviewed, the sheer numbers of applicants has gone up moderately. Plus, Columbia went to AMCAS this year, so some delays are pretty understandable. :luck:

guys - every year columbia says something about a few people hearing and then most people hearing shortly after when the larger batch of acceptances goes out. also, they always say that decisions will go out around the middle of february. in reality, everyone gets news at the same time (except for the md/phd students who hear a little earlier) and news goes out closer to march. check last year's columbia thread - i'll bet you can get a good indication of when you'll hear from that. i wouldn't bank on hearing around feb 15 or whatever you've heard. best of luck.

just aside question about columbia:

if you didn't receive a letter from the dean specifically noting your thank-you note to your interviewer; or that the school has put you into special consideration etc. (as I heard a few people received)... does that you'll probably be waitlisted or rejected?

chumpana said:
just aside question about columbia:

if you didn't receive a letter from the dean specifically noting your thank-you note to your interviewer; or that the school has put you into special consideration etc. (as I heard a few people received)... does that you'll probably be waitlisted or rejected?

I never heard back and I was accepted in the first round of applicants -- don't stress or read too much into anything!

Also, interviews are still being conducted, so I would assume that there's still a few weeks left until decisions are made (being that the school is non-rolling).

Good luck to all!

SarahGM said:
I never heard back and I was accepted in the first round of applicants -- don't stress or read too much into anything!

Also, interviews are still being conducted, so I would assume that there's still a few weeks left until decisions are made (being that the school is non-rolling).

Good luck to all!

thanks so much sarah!!! :D