Columbia - Orientation necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyCarl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning some fun stuff over the summer, and I'm wondering just how important it is to go to all of Columbia's orientation. From looking at class webpages it looks like there are some seriously cool things going on (boatride, rooftop bbq, etc), and I would hate to miss the chance to meet all my classmates, but if it's more like a week of seminars on how to ride the bus and check out books I think I'd rather be travelling and spending time with friends I won't see again for ages. Thoughts?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

CrazyCarl said:
I'm planning some fun stuff over the summer, and I'm wondering just how important it is to go to all of Columbia's orientation. From looking at class webpages it looks like there are some seriously cool things going on (boatride, rooftop bbq, etc), and I would hate to miss the chance to meet all my classmates, but if it's more like a week of seminars on how to ride the bus and check out books I think I'd rather be travelling and spending time with friends I won't see again for ages. Thoughts?

Thanks so much.

Idk... I personally wouldn't want to miss it. You'll come to class on the first day and most people will already know each other... I'd say come to orientation and hang out with everyone while you still can... (before we're swamped with work!) :p